XXVIII. Revenge Song

Chapter 28, Revenge Song
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All rights go to Olivia Rodrigo and her company, I do not own any part of Traitor at all.
I did change some lyrics to fit in the perspective of Scarlett but I do not own any part of the song!
It is only used for this chapter's purposes, stream SOUR now!

" I was waiting for karma to hit her like a bus but I think my fists are about to hit her first. "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

I parked the car and got out, I took a deep breath and walked to my house upset.
As I got to my house and unlocked the door, I felt two arms turn my around and hug my tightly.

I wrapped my arms around Jaden's neck and held onto him as if my life depended on it.
He didn't say anything, he just rubbed my back as I took a deep breath and collected my thoughts.

"Thank you."

Although it was muffled, I know he heard it since he kissed my temple and walked away.
I smiled at him and walked into the house.

"Hey Lana, where's dad?"

I greeted and asked politely as I gave her a hug, she hugged me back and told me he was at the dugout.
I nodded and made us a snack, we sat on the couch and I began to spill everything that happened at school.
Alana sat there and listened to me.

"You don't need her, if she wants to act all snobby then show her that you are unfazed and that you don't care."

Alana advised, I hugged her once more and thanked her before running upstairs.
I had about two hours before I had to get to practice but I had no idea what I was going to do.

I grabbed the notebook my mom got me and began to write a song, it was out of anger and frustration but it was also inspired by Layla.
As my thoughts were spilling onto the page, I noticed my phone was ringing.

"What's up Cora?"

"Checking in on you, the twins said you had a run in with the wicked witch from the west."

Cora said, I chuckled a bit as I continued to write the lyrics.

"Better now, writing a song about her."

I said happily.

"Definitely coming over to check it out, I'll be there in ten minutes."

"Bring Jayla!"

I said to which Cora gave me a thumbs up and hung up.
I reread my lyrics and smiled to myself, it had everything I wanted to say and more.

I decided to read the lyrics as if they were a poem, I sighed at the thought of the altercation I had with Layla and Kathryn but it's whatever.

"Brown guilty eyes and little white lies, yeah, you played dumb but I always knew.
That you'd talk to her maybe said even worse, I kept quiet so I'd stay friends with you."

I decided to grab my phone and go on my music app, my mom taught me how to use it.
I added some drums, guitar and piano.

"And ain't it funny? How you ran to her the second that we called it quits."

"And ain't it funny? How you said we were friends now it sure as hell don't look like, it."

I needed two minutes to relax, I was at the verge of tears thinking about how I had lost my best friend.
But she deserved every ounce of anger in this song.