XV. Year Fifteen

Chapter 15, Year Fifteen
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" I've been here for fifteen years and not a single person told me I look good today, I'm going to commit arson. "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

We won the game! We went out for a celebratory dinner before heading off to our homes.
As I got home and took a nice warm shower, I realized how I'm going to turn a year older tomorrow.

I came out of the shower, I washed my hair so it was out and curly.
I put on a UCLA light blue sweatshirt and matching shorts, I let my hair air dry as I laid in bed.

I decided to take a break off of Criminal Minds and put on Euphoria, I played with the sleeves of my sweatshirt and bit my lip as the show began.
The songs were amazing, well written.

I was getting super into the show, so far my favorite character is Maddy.
She could care less who was around when she said whatever was on her mind, therefore she was easily my favorite.

I paused the show and quietly went downstairs, it was about half past ten and my dad was already passed out in his room.
I grabbed a bowl and poured some grapes in.

I grabbed my phone off the charger and walked outside of the house, closing the door quietly.
The stars looked gorgeous, I sat down and ate the grapes as I scrolled through Instagram.

I turned my phone off after eating the rest of my grapes, I walked inside an spaced the bowl into the sink quietly before tip toeing upstairs.
I turned off my TV and went to sleep, I was exhausted.

The sun woke me up bright and early, that was one thing I hated.
I loved the summer but hated how I was awaken from the sun, I sat up and groaned.

I got up from my bed and brushed my teeth, I brushed my hair into a ponytail and kept my pajamas on.
When I got downstairs I was greeted with breakfast and the Walton children.

I picked up Daelo and spun him around, I set him down so he can enjoy his breakfast.
I hugged the rest of the siblings and sat down with them to eat breakfast.

After breakfast, I was forced to change out of my pajamas to go to a birthday lunch.
It was still early so we all walked to a park and hung out there, it was peace and quiet.

I groaned as I looked at every couple walking past us, they looked cute and it made me happy.
Jaden looked at me with his eyebrow raised and smirked a bit.

"What's up with you?"

Jaden asked as he put his phone away and sit next to me, I looked at him and smiled.

" I've been here for fifteen years and not a single person told me I look good today, I'm going to commit arson. "

I said laughing, Jaden looked at me and laughed as well.
He grabbed my hand and looked at me in my eyes.

"You look good today Scarlett, like really gorgeous."

He complimented me, I blushed a bit and looked away.
I couldn't make eye contact with someone after being complimented, I felt flustered enough as it is.

"Thank you Jaden."

Before he could say something, Daelo ran over to me and begged me to play tag with him.
Who was I to say no to a little kid who wanted to play tag?

After some hours of hanging in the park, we finally went out to lunch but it was too late for lunch so it turned into dinner.
The sun was beginning to set, I had already met with my mom.

She stood for a bit and gave me a gift, it was a guitar.
I was sitting on my bed, strumming my guitar.

Soon I heard my window open making me jump up, I looked at my window and watched as Jaden walk in.
I let go of my deep breath and rolled my eyes, he gave me a heart attack.

"Hey, I got you a gift birthday girl."

I laughed and put my guitar down, I motioned him over.
He sat down beside me and gave me a small red box, when I opened it I smiled.

It was a ring with a butterfly, he then gave me his right hand which revealed a matching butterfly ring.
I hugged him tightly and smiled.

"Thank you Jaden, I love it."

I said happily, Jaden kissed my forehead and left my room.
Today was officially the best birthday I have ever had in my fifteen years of living.