XX. Dancing In The Moonlight

Chapter 20, Dancing In The Moonlight
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" I want to have edits of me with the song of Moonlight by Grace Vanderwaal, it makes me feel nostalgia again. "

~ Scarlett's POV ~

The first day of school was on Friday so I had all of the weekend to do whatever I felt like, I decided to back a bookbag with different essentials, drinks and snacks.
I wanted to take a trip around Atlanta, I grabbed my extra portable chargers.

I changed into high waisted shorts, black short sleeves shirt with the words 'not your babe' on it.
I put my hair in a ponytail and took out my bangs, Layla was busy doing a scene and Cora asked Jayla on a date so I was alone.

Well, not officially alone.

"Hey Jaden."

I greeted as I watched him walk towards me with a matching book bag, I told him my plan and he agreed to come with me.
My dad knew about this and so did his so we were in green light mode, we started our walk to God knows where.

"Carnival!"

I pointed like a four year old seeing cotton candy for the first time, I grabbed his hand and we ran like children to the carnival.
We paid for entry and walked around, we got cotton candy and played a few games.

Jaden won me a giant panda bear, I felt butterflies when he handed it to me.
We sat down at a bench and Jaden took his phone out, he went live.

"Scar, say hi!"

I laughed at his childishness and waved to the camera, I was busy watching two dancers.
They were really good, I looked down and watched as Jaden sneakily put his hand in mine.

"We should head to a diner, I'm getting hungry. Are you?"

Jaden asked, he ended the live after an hour and looked at me.
I nodded slowly with a smile, we got up and left the carnival.

We walked by a group of teens play 'Lust For Life' by Lana Del Rey and The Weeknd.

"THEY SAY ONLY THE GOOD DIE YOUNG!"

I sang along with them, the group smiled at me and we began to sing.
I grabbed Jaden's hand and began to dance with him, he laughed and danced along.

"AND LUST FOR LIFE, KEEPS US ALIVE."

"KEEPS US ALIVE."

Jaden repeated once he learned the lyrics, after a few minutes.
I said goodbye to the group and we walked off to the diner, that was really fun if I'm being honest.

"What song would you want to be played as your theme song?"

Jaden asked, we took turns asking random questions.

" I want edits of me with the song of Moonlight by Grace Vanderwaal, it makes me feel nostalgia again. "

I answered honestly, he smiled at me and we ate a burger with fries and a milkshake.
We walked back home since it was already late and I was getting tired.

He walked me to the door and kissed my cheek, pulling away slowly.
I smiled at him and hugged him tightly, he hugged me back and let go.

I watched as he went back to his house before going into mine, I set the panda on top of my bed.
When I changed into my pajamas, I moved the panada in an empty corner and smiled at it.

I made amazing memories tonight, I was glad about that considering these were memories I would be telling my kids and grandkids.
I laid in bed and thought about how warm he was.

My eyes grew heavy, too heavy for me to keep open.
I closed them and took a deep breath, I was definitely going to tell both Cora and Layla this.

Tonight was the happiest night of my life, there was no comparison at all.
I fell asleep smiling, I was sure my cheeks would hurt in the morning.