XXV. McDonald's Date

Chapter 25, McDonald's Date
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Shut up, Justin Bieber's 'Baby' is amazing. "

~ Scarlett's POV~

"Is this a date?"

Jaden asked, we successfully got our McDonald's and were driving off to a destination that looked cute.
I looked at him and was blinded by the flash of light from his phone, I smiled at him.

I was about to say something when I got a notification, I checked my phone and saw it was from Instagram.
Although I kind of wanted to answer, I just looked at him and smiled.

@ Onwardjdub Posted!

      Liked by ScarHead and 2

Liked by ScarHead and 2.5M more
Onwardjdub: McDonald's Date 😗
Tagged: ScarHead

ScarHead: Date Night <3
^^ Onwardjdub: ew shush, only I say it.

Onwardwanna: bring me fries and nuggets please
^^ ScarHead: Gotchu
^^ Onwardjdub: no, starve. Respectfully.

Jaylawaltonofficial: awww, that's so cute
^^ Onwardjdub: awww, get out of my comments

Coralreef: Spill the tea when y'all get home
^^ ScarHead: Betbet.

I looked at him and smiled, I scrolled through my camera roll since I spammed my phone with photos of myself for fun.
I found a good photo of Jaden and smiled as I posted it.

@ ScarHead Posted!

       Liked by Onwardjdub and 1

Liked by Onwardjdub and 1.2M more
ScarHead: McDonald's Date 😗

Onwardjdub: I look amazing with and without my bucket hat
^^ ScarHead: don't, don't do this in my comments

Coralreef: Definitely waiting for you to come home.

Jaylawaltonofficial: Stop, invite me to the wedding!
^^ Onwardjdub: you are embarrassing me
^^ ScarHead: Bridesmaid

Onwardwanna: why does he look like a wet rat?
^^ Onwardjdub: shut up, you literally died. Ashes.

I laughed at Jaden's reply to Javon's comment, it was way too soon to make a joke about that but he read it out loud in a funny voice.
We arrived to a little peaceful area and sat down, we ate our McDonald's and discussed different things to get to know each other better.

"Baby is just not that good, they've been lying to you Scarlett."

Jaden said as our topic was on the best song of the century, I said Baby and this was his response.
If I didn't have a crush on him, I would have drowned him like Topper tried drowning John B.

" Shut up, Justin Bieber's'Baby' is amazing. "

After that being said, I played the song and we started singing along.
We finished our food and went back to the car, I had a smile so big that it was Texas size.

But can you blame me? I'm literally having an unofficial planned date with my crush.
Anyone would be over the moon right now, I drove us back home as we sang along to different songs.

I parked the car and hugged Jaden as I walked home, I took a deep breath and walked into my house.
I put the keys on the counter and walked upstairs, I changed into shorts and a tank top.

It was still warm out so I didn't need to put on anything that would keep me sweating yet, I brushed my hair down and left it down.
I put my phone on the charger and went to my bathroom, I washed my hands and walked out.

It was a little dark out, it was around seven something.
My dad was out doing God knows what and the TV has YouTube on it.

I ran downstairs and grabbed the remote, I put on YouTube and began to search for my favorite song.
I put on 'Don't Blame Me' by Taylor Swift and began to sing and dance to it.

"DON'T BLAME ME, LOVE MADE ME CRAZY IF IT DOESNT, YOU AIN'T DOING IT RIGHT."

I shouted the lyrics, I always loved listening to this song whenever I would go to school.
In my head, I saw Jaden's face.

"For you, I would cross the line, I would waste my time, I would lose my mind, they say 'She's gone too far this time.'"

I remember doing a dance to this song, but I chose not to.
I continued to sing this song over and over again until I got tired of it, I loved the song with all my heart.

I relaxed and sat down on the couch, I was vibing to more music when my dad walked in laughing.
I was about to ask what he was laughing at when he brought a girl inside the house, normally I would be happy he was dating again but I couldn't be happy.

His laughter died down and he looked at me with a smile.

"You better be joking."

Was all that I was able to get out of my mouth, I couldn't say anything else.

He better be joking.