I Fell Hard

Vi's POV

I just looked at her, she was stunning. Her deep violet blue hair somehow perfectly falling to her shoulders. I grabbed her as softly as I could and then pushed her to the bed planting the biggest hardest kiss on her lips and then neck. Ha I wasn't very gentle, but she didn't seem to mind. What was I doing? I was just moving without a care or thought. We kissed for a while. 'Wow she's good at this!' I thought.

I'm sort of new to this. I know I'm a wise ass but really there's a lot I'm insecure about. I hadn't been with anyone, not really. I mean besides what I'd seen at the brothel and at Stillwater (damn that place). Oh no my mind wandered. Maybe it showed. I'm confident but now embarrassed, 'what the fuck?!' I got self-conscious, distracted and stopped. 'Shit!' She looked a little puzzled but grinned. We were both out of breathe.

"Vi, Violet?" she looked on. I loved when she called me that.

"Yeah Cupcake?" I smirked a little.

"It's alright." She touched my arm.

"Is it? It's not excellent?" I joked. "You've clearly done this before." I sat up.

She thought for just a moment then reached running her fingers through my hair. She sat in front of me.

"Not with anyone like you. You're special to me Vi." she paused. "I care for you so much. For us-"

"I love you too Caitlyn." I interrupted and grinned. I finally said that out loud.

I just held her for a while. She insisted on showering before work. I didn't care about that or want her to go - I fought to hang on to her longer. Eventually I reluctantly gave in and released her. 'I think I could get used to this.'

My mind kept darting back to capturing Jinx and then Caitlyn's soft embrace. That first kiss. Her in my arms. I hadn't been this happy, this fulfilled in so long. Maybe never. I never thought I'd fall for anyone like her. But damn I fell hard and I think she did too.

We ran into work. I was so giddy I kept jumping off of everything I could find. She laughed and rolled her eyes. I wish I could have jumped from the rooftops but she couldn't keep up. That leg still looked sore. Sorry babe. I swung like an animal off of some railings a couple stories up. Then scooped her up a block away from the station for one last peck on the cheek. She blushed. I grabbed her hand playing with her fingers as we walked in. Jayce was there and shot us a knowing look.

"About damn time!" He rumbled out a laugh. I blushed and threw him a look.

"Okay, okay, we have work to do." Caitlyn commanded lightly calling us off.

"Yes ma'am!" I teased. Throwing her a salute.

"Ohhh," she rolled her eyes and huffed in exhaustion at my antics touching her forehead.

Jayce stepped up more serious now, "Mel is awake."