All My Enemies

Vi's POV

We didn't waste time once we came to. We gathered Jayce and Heimerdinger, Ekko and the Medarda's with us. Soon the 9 of us were together at Viktor's. Up to speed (except the fact that we had just let Jinx out) throwing ideas out trying to make sense of the situation we found ourselves in.

"So you all think Jinx could be the key to all of this?" Jayce spat out. "Have you all forgotten what she's done?! What all she's tried to do?"

"No, of course not." Caitlyn answered "I'm not saying she can solve all this, I just think we could use her expertise."

"None of us could ever trust her or forgive the things she has done." I said firmly.

"Then how do you propose we obtain her assistance?" Mel questioned.

"Indeed that is quite the conundrum," Heimerdinger twitched his nose. "Perhaps a more guarded approach, she does not need to know everything..."

Ekko thought, "He's right, if she knew what was really going on then she would hold all the cards."

"I'm not sure she'll ever be of a sound enough mind, but her unpredictable and ruthless actions, not to mention her genius innovations are exactly what we don't have right now. If we don't share all that we know, we would be doing ourselves a disservice and digging our own graves once she were to find out." Caitlyn said.

"So you want to confide in her?" Mel asked, "Or you want to use her?"

"Both.. we can't control her. All we can do is hope she'd see fighting this Void as the only option to survive." I responded. I already felt defeated.

"Thanks Sis." Jinx emerged from the rafters above the lab. She jumped down next to us. And gave her hands a clap.

Jayce and Ekko nearly jumped her. "How did she?!" But I stepped in front of them. "Wait." I held up my hands.

"Let's hear what she has to say." Caitlyn gestured and joined beside me.

The room fell silent. Jinx smirked slightly then her expression lessened. She paced to the other side of the room slowly - her boots clanking the floor. Now everyone could see her clearly. She took a seat.

"I don't expect any forgiveness, and I'm not apologizing. But I do see there are mistakes we have all made and maybe some things could have happened differently." She said unconvincingly. Then started more seriously, "What I do know is Zaun is my home. This fucked up world is ours. And I can't let anyone take that away! I've worked too damn hard to survive. Besides, it would ruin all my fun." Jinx let out a small chuckle.

Viktor wasn't phased (Jinx must have already talked with him). "I do not want to wait to find out if we could have done more!" Viktor said sternly. "We cannot afford to wait. We must create a collective effort now or it will be the end of us all!"

"Oooo, yeah." Jinx nodded smiling.

Many grumbled. Jayce spoke up, "We cannot trust her!"

Jinx nodded again, "mhmm true."

All of them seemed to speak at once for a moment. Jinx grinned and shook her head laughing, she knew this wouldn't work. We couldn't work together, and it was just amusing to watch.

"We can not stand divided any longer!" Caitlyn stood slamming her hands to the table, pleading with them all. We all knew she wasn't just talking about us, she was talking of Piltover and Zaun, of every nation in Runeterra. The room stood still again.

Ambessa stepped up, "I for one have seen much in my time and made many enemies. I know the price of war, and I know when we must try everything to secure our fate. Even if we must pay greatly for our sins and work with the devil we know."

I stood still but Caitlyn placed her hand on my shoulder. "We have to try." I said.

Jinx looked around the room her face straight now. Ekko and Jayce glared but were silent.
She stood up then spoke decisively grinning.
"Well then, where do we start?"