Alliances

Caitlyn's POV

Refugees from Noxus lined our streets. In the coming days we created camps that bordered our city and Zaun. Zaun and Piltover worked together in creating space for our guests and tending to their needs and wounded. Somehow this was bringing us together.

We had established a scouting system and stations from here to Noxus watching their moves. But they didn't wander outside of their borders.

Jayce and Mel started reaching out to our allies overseas in Demacia, Ionia, Bandle City and others. There he brokered deals to amass an organized effort to protect our lands, an Alliance. Each nation offered up their finest fighters magicians, and scientists in the efforts to fortify our nations. This dark magic in Noxus wasn't our only threat but we had to be ready for anything.

A council was made and someone - Vi of course- volunteered to run the fighting and sparing initiative. Every elite brawler and fighter from each allied nation descended into Piltover. We even let some of our inmates join the effort in exchange for their freedom from Stillwater.

Training was excruciating. I could see it in Vi's face when she would come home dripping in sweat and blood. We reassured one another, bathed together and tried to make light of our situation often. We knew war was coming. But we wanted to savor every minute we had together. It seemed fleeting already.

"Hey Cupcake don't cry," she'd say. I couldn't help it. I longed to be with her and make everything bad in this world disappear.

"Violet I don't want to lose-"

"Stop." She pressed her lips to mine.

"Cait you are the reason I keep fighting. I'm fighting for us. So that one day this will all be over."

She was stern and yet kind holding my arm gently.

"Violet I love you." I grabbed her and buried my face.

"I know Caitlyn, I love you too."

Our room was dark but I could see she was beaming with love through the pain on her face. We held one another closer than I thought was possible. So in love with my Vi. Everything melted away.