prologue

🍪¬*

🍪¬*.*'_*°.•~°°'°<•.**•**^*''¬~-°°°*'*¬'^.*'*•*🍪

authors pov

10:00 AM. MUSTAFA, JAPAN

"did you hear the news?" jason says to his daughter, y/n l/n, and his husband, hunter l/n. the two bakers look at jason as he shows them the news which is on a short white piece of paper.  "the prince is to be wedded soon. we'll be baking all the treats,"

"we will?" hunter asks, dusting his scarred hands on his white apron. hunter takes the white piece of paper, unfolding it seeing the extremely long list of sweet, savory and sour treats that are needed for the wedding. "shit,"

"lemme see," y/n says, putting her ginger braids in a low pony tail. she is black, born with ginger hair which is quite rare. she takes the now log piece of paper, seeing the royal crest at the bottom of it. "shit," she repeats exactly what her father says. "we'll need more flour; both types, sugar, icing-"

a fanfare of trumpets interrupts y/n, stopping her from talking.

"prince izuku has arrived," the l/n family hears, before they all walk out of the bakery. they see green banners and knights all around the place.

prince izuku jumps down from his white stead, his knight and his best friend, katsuki bakugo, jumping down from his black one.

"hi, this is the l/n bakery, right?" izuku says, walking up to the family. they all bow in front of the king. "there's no need for that. i'm assuming i'm right? this is the l/n bakery?"

"yeah," y/n says. "is there something that you need, your highness?" she asks him. 

"i just wanted to see if you had received that list? and we'll be giving you some golden coins to get anything you need to help with the wedding," izuku says, holding gaze with y/n. katsuki gives the bag of gold coins to hunter, who struggles holding it. but he doesn't want to look weak in front of the prince.

"yes, we did receive the list, your majesty," jason says. "thank for choosing us to bake all the treats for your wedding,"

"you are one of the best bakeries in the kingdom," izuku says, shaking jason's hand. "i trust you with all the choices for flavors, however my fiancé is allergic to nuts,"

"okay, got it," y/n says, making a quick mentally not. izuku couldn't look away from her. she makes his mouth dry, and he can feeling his freckled cheeks getting warmer. katsuki looks over to him, wanting look at him with his mouth wide open. 

"is that all, your highness?" katsuki asks, nudging izuku on the shoulder. izuku coughs, getting out of his trance.

"y-yup-i mean yes," izuku says, turning around to mount his horse. "wait, do whatever you see fit with the remaining money. and you'll be invited to the wedding,"

"thank you your highness," y/n says, bowing along side with her family. izuku nods, mounting his horse, katsuki doing the same. they ride off soldiers all around them.

"what the fuck was that?" katsuki whispers, getting his horse closer to izuku's. "you know, you're getting married soon right?"

"i know, kacchan," izuku sighs. "she was really beautiful. that's all,"

"are you sure?"

"yes, mom,"

"who the fuck are you calling mom?"

"you. duh,"

"do you want to fight me nerd?" katsuki smirks at they arrive closer and closer to the drawbridge. 

"i'm stronger than you, kacchan," izuku smirks.