chapter¹⁷

a talk

a talk

🍪¬*.*'_*°.•~°°'°<•.**•**^*''¬~-°°°*'*¬'^.*'*•*🍪

authors pov

02:30 PM. MUSTAFA, JAPAN

"y/n, i like you. i like so much that i am willing to give you my whole kingdom just to see you smile," izuku faces his mirror and then drags his hands down his face. a knock occurs on his door, making him turn around. "come in! it is open!"

"hi, izuku..." ochaco says, walking into his bedroom. today is the day. y/n and tsuyu hyped her up for this. she can do it. "i have something to tell you,"

"are you alright?" izuku says, sitting on his bed. ochaco sits next to him, playing with the green ribbon on her wrist. izuku notices it immediately. is that for him? does she like him? that cannot be happening. "ochaco? do you want to tell me what's going on?"

"deku..." the brown-haired starts, looking down. "i've been lying to you this whole time. like my maid. i don't like you...i'm sorry," ochaco looks at izuku, seeing that he's shocked. "y...you can be mad-"

the green haired prince hugs the brown-haired girl and she hugs him back. 

"i never like you ochaco," he says. "i like-"

"y/n," ochaco smiles, letting go off him. both of them have happy tears, dancing in the corners of their eyes. "i know. you guys will be a great couple together,"

"i cannot tell her," izuku lies back on his bed. "every time i try to, my throat feels like it's getting chocked,"

ochaco giggles, lying down with him. 

"why don't you ask her out?" ochaco says. "i know you guys go out a lot but ask her out on an actual date. court her, woo her. and then she will. or maybe she already likes you,"

"i doubt it," izuku says. ochaco looks at him with a smile. "what?"

"just try it. what do you have to lose?" izuku nods. 

"okay. i will," he says. he gets up, pulling ochaco up with him. "but first-"

"we have to tell your mother," ochaco says, looking at the portrait of queen izuku and prince izuku which is on a wall.  "the queen,"

🍪

two guards, one on each side, open the doubles door which lead towards the throne room. izuku and ochaco look at each other and nod. they can do this. 

"izuku, my boy!" inko says, ushering the royal treasure away. the kingdom isn't poor. "princess ochaco," the queen bows slightly, making izuku and ochaco do the same. "how can i help you?"

"mom," izuku starts. him and ochaco hold hands. "we can't get married," inko looks between the two, confused. 

"excuse me...?"

"i am a sapphic, your highness," ochaco says. inko turns to her. "i am in a relationship with one of maids. and i love her. i cannot marry your son,"

"and i mother," izuku starts, making inko turn to her son. "i like, or may possibly even love, y/n l/n,"

"everyone out beside prince izuku and princess ochaco," inko whispers, the guards and all the servants leaving. they close the door behind them as izuku and ochaco brace themselves. inko walks up to both of them. she might be a short woman and basically quirkless but she's a powerful woman. "i am so proud of you," she says, hugging them both. 

"what?"

"i'm sorry...?"