chapter¹²

bonfire?

bonfire?

🍪¬*.*'_*°.•~°°'°<•.**•**^*''¬~-°°°*'*¬'^.*'*•*🍪

authors pov

08:04 PM. MUSTAFA, JAPAN

"he can do it," y/n says as she hides behind a bush, which she just grew, with denki and hanta. the three of them are watching rikido and gabi converse. rikido has a pink rose bouquet in his hand. another thing that y/n quickly grew for him. "i know he can,"

"no, he can't," hanta says as y/n and denki both hush him. 

"she's holding his hand," y/n gasps, flowers starting to bloom on the bush. "she's nodding..."

"she kissed him on the cheek!" denki shouts out as he and y/n jump the air, putting their hands up. gabi looks over to them, then looks at rikido, who laughs it off.

realizing their mistake, denki and y/n run away from the two, dragging hanta along with them. 

🍪

"i can't believe he did it," y/n mumbles as she's walking along. hanta and denki had to go and get the lights for the bonfire. "i'm so happy for him,"

"for who?" a voice says, making y/n scream. the root in her hair turning into an aspen. y/n turns around, izuku behind her, only a few meters away, scratching his freckled cheek. "i apologize. it wasn't my intention to make you frightened," 

y/n sighs out relief as it is only the prince. soon to be king.

"no, it's okay," she smiles at him. "is there something you need, your majesty?"

"i was honestly just wondering around the village," he starts, the two of them beginning to walk. "but there's no one there? is there something going on? did something happened?"

"everyone is just getting ready for the festival," y/n says. "it's my mama's death day and instead of an actually funeral, the villagers, my friends and my family do a little festival instead. to remember her. a bonfire,"

"a bonfire? that's very honorable," izuku says. "could you tell me about your mother?"

"uh, well. sure," y/n shrugs. "she looked like me but not the same hair, obviously. i did inherit my quirk from her. her name was dia l/n. her maiden name is ember,"

"ember?" izuku repeats. y/n nods. 

"yup. i know weird," y/n says with a laugh. "some one with a earth quirk but their last name was ember. oh well, she's not here so we can't ask her why," izuku goes silent. not sure what to say to y/n. he doesn't want to hurt her feelings. "would you like to come?"

"come?" izuku repeats, breaking out of his trance. y/n holds in her laugher. gosh, he's like a parrot today. "come where?"

"jesus, your highness," y/n says. "are you a parrot? why are coping me?"

"i uh...sorry, i'm sorry," he bows, his eyebrows furrowing. his heart is hammering in his chest. "i must make haste. i will see you, miss y/n,"

y/n watches izuku walk off, pulling on his green hood. she shrugs. it's not her business. well, not yet.