Chapter 7: The Big Day

Russia

It had been around 8 hours since America had gone to sleep. I haven't slept a wink... Not. A. Wink.

Gotta watch his breathing.

Gotta make sure he had a heartbeat.

Gotta make sure he is still alive.

I got up and walked around the bed, sitting down next to America and messing with his hair.

"You know, you aren't so bad when you don't want to start a fight." I whispered, careful not to wake him up.

Slowly, I took his pulse. Normal... Well for an attempted murder victim.

"What is it with you and getting into fights though?" I asked no one but myself as I curled his hair around my finger.

I watched as he shivered a bit and grabbed onto the blanket tighter. I gently placed my ushanka upon his head, covering his ears with the warm fur. It looked funny on him due to it being too big on him.

Wait- That note... It has been three days since I found that note on the ground, three long and treacherous days.

I darted up and rushed to the kitchen before rumbling through the drawers and finding the note. We had moved it to the kitchen because America had thought it would be safer for who knows what reason.

It looked the same as most notes do, but now something was weird about it. "Rus..sia??" I heard the weakness in America's voice coming from the room. I stuffed the note into my pocket and rushed back to him.

"Yes, im here" I softly spoke, putting my hand on America's shoulder to show him I was with him.

"Hey, remember the note, well today is the day. So you have to feel better, or I'm going to go without you." I stared at the back of his head. He lifted his hands and slid my ushanka over his other ear.

"Ughhh..." He turned around revealing the heavy bruising and cutting along his face, although most of the cuts had healed up mostly, some of them were still open but not bleeding.

Slowly he lifted himself up, slid his feet over the edge of the bed and tried to stand resulting in him falling to the ground.

I caught him just before he hit the floor and put his arm around my shoulder. This would have been more uncomfortable for him due to my height, but I stayed hunched over to keep him from hurting.

"I don't care if you are hurting, you are coming to school." He groaned a disagreement, but I pulled him along anyway. I pulled him into the bathroom and placed his arm onto the counter.

"Stay there." He scoffed at my words and a smile formed on his face.

"Where am I going to go? Oklahoma?" I stared at him in confusion. His smile faltered into a look of disappointment

"Oklahoma?" I shook my head.

"It is one of my states." I raised an eyebrow trying to remember.

"Oh yeah, the one next to Texas?" He rolled his eyes and nodded as I grabbed a towel. A soft smile replaced itself on his face while I wet the towel and put some soap on it.

I passed him the towel and waited as he wiped off some of the dried blood on his arms, neck and face. When he finished, he placed the towel into the laundry basket and grabbed another towel to dry himself.

"Are you ready?" I watched him trace over a couple of cuts on his arm before looking up at me with a skeptical face.

"No, but I guess if I have to go, I am as ready as I'll ever be." I nodded and grabbed America's arm, he waved me off before I could even touch him.