Chapter 43: Clinging to Life

Chile

"I'm proud of you, son"

"..."

"Chile?"

"Yes"

"When your father says they are proud of you, you say thank you."

"..."

"Chile."

"You are not my dad."

"According to the papers, yes I am."

"You're not my father."

"I'm not arguing with you about this again."

"Then don't."

"One day you're going to have a hard time and I won't be here to help you."

"I'll figure it out when that happens."

"Tch"

I lifted my bruised body, resting on my elbows as I looked down the field to Canada who was knocked out cold. Australia hovered over his body, his eyes glowing brown.

Many animals began to emerge from the forests behind us as Australia put his hand to the ground

Maybe went a little too hard on him..? Canada's body was covered in multiple bruises and a couple of cuts, his shirt had two burn holes and the skin underneath had been burnt from the lightning strikes.

I watched silently as The creatures from the forest began to clamber onto him, covering him in a furry animal blanket, the last seeable part of Canada was his face which was covered in sweat and bruises

He's a good combaton with a kind yet fierce heart. He should be higher up in the ranks and more respected, he is not just a maple boy.

"Aussie boy, come help me up, please." The Australian looked up at me, his face filled with hatred. I sighed as I saw his face.

Guess I oughta help myself up. I pushed myself onto my feet, stumbling a couple of steps as a sharp pain struck my left rib.

Fuck- I pressed my hands against my ribs, trying to get it to stop, it didnt help at all. I stumbled over towards Australia and Canada, hoping to be able to help.

I dropped down, hitting my knees on the floor rather hard. I carefully placed my hand onto Canada's face.

"Back off, Chile!" Australia grabbed my hand and threw it off, he hovered over Canada's body, his eyes filled with tears as he tried to act fierce to protect his beloved brother.

"Australia, I am here to help..." I tried again, reaching out towards Canada, slowly as not to scare him.

"NO!" Australia hit my hand off of him, his eyes began to glow again as anger covered his face.

"DON'T TOUCH HIM!" Just like a dog, Australia bared his teeth as some fierce creatures began to stalk out of the forest. I drewback my hands, watching him silently.

"I will go fetch help, if he wakes up, just tell him that I am proud of him." Australia did not speak as I stumbled up and headed towards the school, hoping to get to the nurse and possibly get Canada and I healed.

Australia's so protective, but it makes sense, if I had a brother, I would protect him too... Maybe I've made myself seem like the bad guy to Australia? Although I was only trying to help.

I fell into the school wall, barely keeping myself up as I dragged my body across the wall. I slowly made my way around the corner, running into a few students who looked at me.