Chapter 3

Drew's POV:

I walk into first period and see Dani sitting in his usual spot at the back of the classroom. Dani is my other best friend. His full name is Daniel but he hates how formal it is so he asks everyone to call him Dani.

He would've come over last night but mr popular is quarterback of our football team and had a late practice with his dad.

Dani's dad is always pushing him. I feel bad for the kid. He wants a relationship with his dad but his old man only cares about his football.

Dani is a flaming homosexual. Of course only Carli and I know this. He's been so oppressed by his dad and reputation that he refuses to come out of that gay ass closet.

One day my little Dani-kins will be free.

"Hi Anne." I say to Dani and kiss him on the cheek.

"I wish you wouldn't call me that." He replied as I sat next to him.

"Where the red fern grows is a great book Daniel. It's not my fault you can't read."

You see in middle school we had to read where the red fern grows and Dani volunteered to read out loud. When he tried to say Little Anne he instead said " Little Awnie." We all laughed at him and I've called him Anne ever since. It's A nice little coincidence that his name is Dan.

"Your eye looks awful. Carli said it was a kinky accident. I need details."

"Carl is an idiot. I ran into someone while running this morning."

"Sure sure. Anyways..... did Carl tell you there's a new English teacher?"

"She did. Idk what you all are worked up about I'm sure whoever it is will be as Dull as Mr. Thorne was BEFORE he started putting whiskey in his morning coffee." I replied

"It's a shame they fired him for that. If I had to teach English all day I'd try to liven it up with alcohol too."

I laughed as our Spanish teacher walked into the room and the tardy bell rang.

We sat through class and I know I completely destroyed the test. In a good way of course. Drew's study method 1 Spanish test 0.

The bell rang dismissing us from class.

"Are we doing a study party at your place tonight still?" Dani asked as we left the class room.

"Yeah yeah I have dance practice at 3 so come over at 5 ish. It's your turn to get the pizza." I responded.

We started walking our separate ways. "No problem! I will see you then!" He yelled back at me.

A study party is not what you think. It's what Carli and Dani tell their parents is happening. "Study party" is code for getting drunk at my place and "pizza" is code for alcohol. I know! It's a whole ass system.

I blew Dani a kiss and walked towards second period.

As I got closer to the classroom I heard other kids talking about how we had a new English teacher. I caught random words like "strict" "hardcore" and "rude" but the one that everyone seemed to say was "hot". This peeked my curiosity and I walked a little faster to the room. I got a couple weird looks from passerby's because of my eye. People probably assume I got into a fight.

My reputation is basically don't fuck with Drew but also Drew Fucks.

Articulate. I know.

I walked into the classroom and took my normal seat by the door. I didn't see the new teacher so I pulled out my phone and saw a text from Madison.