Chapter 33

Drews POV:

I walked into my apartment very slowly and tried my best to stay quiet. I turned the lights on expecting to find a murderer on my couch or the place completely ransacked but everything was fine. Nothing was out of place.

I checked every room in the apartment and nothing had been taken.

The last room I checked was my bathroom. There was a message Written in some red lipstick on the mirror.

SHES NOT YOURS.

What the actual fuck. All these cryptic notes and text messages. What does this person want.

"She's not yours." I said to myself.

They can't be talking about Olivia. No one knows about Olivia. Right?

My heart sank in my chest.

But what if this person is talking about Olivia. What else could they know? If they knew anything they'd go to the police or the school or something...... right.

I felt like I couldn't breathe. I sank to the bathroom floor and tried to stop the panic.

There's no way they know about Olivia and me.

I got myself together and cleaned the lipstick off the mirror.

I went to my front door and made sure it was locked. I took a shower and kept looking out the shower curtain to make sure no one was there.

I didn't want to tell anyone because they'd probably freak out and I don't want anyone to worry about me. What if someone just got the wrong apartment..... car...... and number.

I got into some pajamas and laid in my bed. I was exhausted. I opened my phone there was a message from Olivia.

~goodnight! Tonight was amazing.~

She was cute. Should I tell her about these random messages?

No. I don't want to add anything else on her plate. I'm just lucky she's dating me.

~good night. You're amazing~

I closed the message and remembered that I saved the last cryptic message from whoever was behind the break in. I scrolled through the messages till I found it.

~Don't touch her~

I looked at the message over and over again. I received it months ago. The same day the......... the day the black van followed me from the park.

Oh my god. The same van that pulled out in front of me and wrecked my car.

I sat up in my bed and stared at my phone.

~what do you want from me~ I quickly sent the message.

The response was immediate.

~I want you to leave Olivia Wells alone or else.~ my heart stopped.

~or else what.~

The next thing I received was a picture of Olivia and I kissing in front of Nancy's diner.

~if I see you with her again you won't like what happens next.~

I put my hand over my mouth. Whoever this was had been watching us. They had pictures. They could ruin Olivias life. They could ruin my life.

This wasn't happening right now.

What if we run? Would this person find us? Should I tell someone? Should I tell Olivia.

As I was thinking it a message came through.

~if you tell anyone I will send this picture to the school. Should be enough to get her fired. Maybe even arrested. Just remember I'm watching you.~