Chapter 34

Drews POV:

After my little slip up at the club I kept my head down even more than I already had. I couldn't chance a strike 3. What if he went after Olivia.

When I wasn't at school I was in my room studying my lines. I didn't want to screw it up for all the people that were working hard. We finally finished the sets and I was pretty confident with the lines and songs. I was mostly just excited now to see the whole production come together.

It was opening night and we were all back stage nervously getting ready. Dani and I looked out the curtains together to see the growing crowd.

"Look!" He said pointing at someone in the front row. "There's Roger!"

"He drove 45 minutes to come to a high school play." I looked at Dani. "You better give him head before someone else does."

"Fuck you." He shoved me and laughed.

Finally the lights dimmed and the crowd grew quiet.

Alison and Carli walked on stage first with a few other guys.

Seeing Carli dressed as a cop with a pillow stuffed in her shirt made the crowd laugh immediately.

"Knock it off, settle down." She said in a weird voice.

"All right Kill each other! But not on my beat!" Alison said and received just as much laughter as Carli.

Dani walked on stage. The crowd went crazy and a few guys from the football team yelled "Dani I love you." He ignored the crowd and said his lines.

The rest of the act went great. Julie and I made our entrance in scene three and we did everything just like we rehearsed.

Finally Jason and I were finishing up the scene where Tony meets up with Maria after the dance.

"I like him. He will like me." Jason said taking my hand.

I pulled away from him and walked to the stage looking out into the crowd.

"No." I shook my head. "He is like Bernardo" I sighed. "Afraid." After a second I laughed "imagine being afraid of you!

That's when my eyes connected with a pair of blue ones. She was here. Why was she here. I froze on the spot forgetting everything else. She was watching me.

I heard Jason say his line but I couldn't pull myself from her gaze.

I felt a hand pull me back and I was taken out of my trance.

"You see?" Jason said again holding me to him.

I reached up and touched his face.

"I see you."

"See only me." He whispered but the mic still picked it up.

I turned back to the crowd and started singing.

"Only you.

You're the only thing I'll see forever" I sang making eye contact with Olivia again.

"In my eyes. In my words. In everything I do. Nothing else but you. Ever." I watched a Olivia wipe her eyes.

I wish she could understand that every word I just sang I meant for her to hear. Not as a character but from Drew to Olivia.

I was sucked back into reality as Jason started his part.

The rest of the song went great and at the end of it Jason and I had to kiss. I hated it but it's part of the play.

In the next act I received a standing Ovation for my "I feel pretty rendition".