Chapter 31

Olivias POV:

I woke up the next morning around 8 AM for a run. It was the perfect way to start the new year. I looked out the door and there was about an inch of snow on the ground. I threw on a pair of sweatpants and a sweater. I tied my hair into a side braid and put a beanie on.

Before I left my house I sent Drew a quick text. I wanted her to know I was thinking about her when she woke up.

~good morning beautiful.~

I walked out my door and into the snow. Everything seemed serene and the only thing that was moving was the snow falling from the sky. I walked down the stairs and started running towards the park. I ran my usual route and by the time I got back to my apartment it had been about 45 minutes.

The only thing that had changed since I left was a beat up black van was now parked in the parking lot next to my car.

I went inside to shower and afterwards I sat in a towel on my bed and checked my phone.

~you're up early. Wanna go out of town and grab some lunch?~

~Sure. Do you want to meet there?~

~no silly. I'll come get you. I'll be there at 1030 to get you :)~

~great I'll see you soon~

I threw my phone onto my bed and flipped onto my pillow.

I was so happy. Eventually I threw on a pair of jeans and a grey turtleneck. I let my hair fall down, It was naturally wavy, and I put on a little makeup.

I was playing on my phone when there was a knock on my door. I opened it and the was Drew. She had on a pair of black jeans, a grey hoodie and a red and black flannel over it. Her brown hair fell down around her shoulders and her head was covered with a black beanie.

The look suited her. She looked gorgeous.

"Hi" I said blushing. I know she knew I checked her out.

"Hi." She walked forward and grabbed my hand with hers then quickly kissed me on the lips.

"Ready?" She asked me.

I smiled grabbed my purse that was hanging by the door and walked out the door with her. She let go of my hand which made me feel a little sad but I knew we couldn't touch each other in the open.

We got into her car and Drew pulled out of the parking lot.

"So where are you taking me?" I asked starting the conversation.

"Somewhere I can hold your hand." She winked at me and it felt like my heart exploded in my chest.

We drove for about an hour to a town I've never heard of and pulled into a small restaurant parking lot. It looked like a little mom and pop joint.

Drew moved to open her door and I grabbed her hand. "Wait! Don't move." I jumped out of the car and ran around to the drivers side then opened the door for her.

"I can't let you be the only chivalrous one." I smiled as she got out of the car.

She didn't say anything she just cupped my face with one hand and grabbed my hip with the other then pulled me into a soft kiss. I melted into her and she pulled back and smiled at me. "Sorry I just can't get enough of you." She smiled then pulled me along after her into the restaurant. I was speechless.

When we walked into the restaurant a older woman came running from the back.

"Is that my little Drew! I haven't seen you in forever!" The woman embraced Drew and she dropped my hand hugging the woman back.