Chapter Thirteen: Guilt

Thursday, November 1st
12PM
-

--------------------------------------------------

In his eyes...You were the only thing he wanted

Micheal had left the house, once again warning you to stay put, you didnt want to. You hated the thought of sitting here, waiting for the stalker to return. You got to your feet, anxiously walking away from the living room and to the dining room, looking around and checking everything to make sure Micheal wasn't watching. You didn't Feel his stare..But your anxiety told you to be cautious. So you walked to the kitchen and fixed yourself some food, even though you didn't have an appetite at all. You pull some ham from the fridge drawer and begin to eat the sliced meat. Leaning over the counter as you ate, your eyes wandered around the dining room, trying to keep your mind off of what had happened.

That was until somebody knocked on your door, you froze, knowing your neck was covered in bruises. You peeked out of your front door and began to panic when you saw police cars outside. Why were they here? Of all places why here? You ran upstairs to pull a turtleneck sweater on, running straight into Micheal's chest, he caught you and stared down at you, seeming confused about your sudden panic.

You pulled your notebook from your pocket and merrily scribbled on it.

'THE POLICE ARE HERE.' Micheal stared at the note for a long period of time and you noticed his fist clench around the knife he was holding, glaring down at you as you scribbled on the notebook again

'HIDE'

Micheal hesitated but gave in and walked off to hide while you changed your shirt. The knocking at the door getting louder.

"Open this door or we will break it down" a officer called from outside, you ran to the bathroom and soaked your hair in water before running downstairs and opening the door, a towel over your shoulders as your hair dripped water droplets onto the floor. You tilted your head at him, acting confused. He cleared his throat to speak and glanced to his partner, who was looking over your shoulder inside.

"Uhm..Hello ma'am are you (y/n) (l/n)?" When you nodded he sighed in relief.
"May we come in? We have some questions we must ask you"

You step back a little and allow the two men to enter your home, the one in charge walked past your stairwell and into the living room while the other stood at the door as you closed it, his eyes scanning every inch of the walls, as if looking for something.

"I must admit miss (l/n), you've made this house look quite lovely" the other policeman caught your attention and you looked over, walking to the living room where the man had sat down on your couch. "Take a seat ma'am, this will only be a few minutes I promise" he says as you sit down beside him.

"Now, Miss (Y/n) were you in contact with Annie or Derek the day they had died?" He asked. Wow emediatly? What a dick you thought sourly, sighing and pulling your notebook out. scribbling something down before showing the officer the notepad.

'I saw Derek, but didn't know about his death until the day after. my cat, Whisper, scratched him up after he scared the hell out of me, he'd snuck into my house and scared me'

The policeman's eyes scanned the note and then looked at you, nodding and writing something in his own notepad.
"Alright, and what about Annie? did you speak or see her at all that day?" You tried to remember and shook your head, you had been alone that day..for..the most part. The officer nodded and looked around for a moment.

"What about around here? Have you seen anyone suspicious? has anyone been here aside from you that you didn't know?" You froze, trying to make up your mind about what to say. Should you say something about Micheal? What would he say? What would Micheal do to you? Even worse, what would he do to them? You could feel Micheal's eyes boring into you, but from where? You didn't dare look. You needed to answer the officer and you needed to answer now or he may catch on. You made up your mind..

You shook your head, denying his question, covering for the serial killer who was hiding in your house. Sealing your fate.. The officers eyes searched yours, trying to tell if you were lying, when he finally accepted your answer you relaxed and looked out the window.

"What happened to your hand?" the officer asked pointing to your burnt hand. You looked towards him and let out a silent forced laugh, scribbling something down
'I burnt my hand making food, I'm clumsy sometimes' you showed him the note and he nodded

"Did you properly clean the wound?" he asked, receiving a nod from you. He nodded and stood up, looking around and getting his partner, turning to you "Thank you for answering out questions (y/n) have a nice day, be careful..and I'm sorry for your losses" with that, the officers turned to leave.

As you closed the door, the realization of what you just did hit you like a truck, you just covered for a fucking serial killer. What the fuck is wrong with you? you set your hand on the door as vomit threatened to rise up your throat as an overwhelming feeling of fear and guilt ran over you.

You covered for the one who had ended the lives of your best friend, and your boyfriend. You swallowed down the urge to puke and stood straight, turning around and almost shrieking at the sight of Micheal standing right in front of you, staring down at you with a confused gaze. You didn't even need him to write to know what he was thinking. 'Why?'

'I...I don't know' Is what you scribbled down, your hand shaking from the panic. He continued to stare at you, striding towards you and picking you up. you squirmed in his arms, gasping a little bit as he carried you up the stairs. He still doesn't trust me.. you thought as he set you down on your bed, without the ropes this time thank god... He sat in your chair and watched you as you sat there, thinking about the decision you just made.

You were a criminal now.
Harboring one of the most dangerous killers Haddonfield had seen. A phsycopath with no emotions or mercy...As far as you knew..

---------------------------------------------------

I apolagize for how long it took for me to update ive been busy and had writers block, but someone gave me an idea for a filler chapter and here we are, the next one will hopefully be better