58

Kayden POV

By the time Jacob woke up, Luca was restless and couldn't sit still.
"Babe, sit down." I told him, grabbing his hand after he got up for the 12th time in the past half hour.
"Sorry, I know it's boring." Jacob mumbled, messing with something attached to him.
"Leave that alone." I told him, letting go of Luca as he sat down.
"Jeez, you a dad or something?" Jacob asked, letting go.
"With you, yes I am." I said. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Luca start to fidget and squirm again. I'm sure he's just doing his best to listen to me.
"What time is it?" Jacob asked, looking at me.
"Like, 12:30 or something." I said and didn't bother to check my phone.
"You can go to sleep if you want." He offered, sitting up.

"Are you sure?" I asked, kind of hoping he says he is. He nodded and told me to go ahead. I nodded and adjusted in my chair, covering my eyes from the hospital lights.

Jacob POV

Kayden was out almost as soon as he covered his eyes and Luca was still fidgety.
"You can walk around if you want, Bubba." I told him, scratching my arm.
"I think you were just making Kayden anxious." He hopped up when I gave him permission and hurried over to my bedside.
"What's that do?" He asked, looking at my IV.
"Its giving me water. I'm pretty sure." I said. The liquid they're giving me in clear but I don't know for sure.
"I hate needles. Eww.." He mumbled, looking at where they stuck me.
"I know, but they have to so I can get better." I said, making him pout.
"Mhm, when I was here they had to give me meds from it and it hurt to bend my arm." He said, beginning to examine my scars on my forearm.

"What's them from?" He asked, shifting on his feet.
"Well, I used to hurt myself sometimes but I'm all better now. Don't worry about me, Babe." I explained, glancing down at my own scars. When I saw Luca's eyes again he was tearing up and sniffling.
"Aw, Hun. Come here." I told him, scooting back and letting him sit in front of me where he wasn't near any wires attached to me.
"Dady says I make him sad when I hurt myself.. but I didn't know what he was talkin about til now.." He whispered, sniffling and rubbing his face.
"Babe.." I whispered. I can't really hug him or cuddle him right now, I'm kind of hooked up to an EKG right now. He rubbed his face and laid down at the end of the hospital bed, holding himself.
"I'm okay, Bubba. I got better." I tried to reassure him. He sniffled and scooted as close to me as he deemed safe with all the medical gear.

"I lovies you, kay? Don't forget.." He reminded me, looking up at me.
"Aw, I could never forget you." I told him, smiling a little. He smiled and wiped his face off before babbling to me. He's the cutest little boy and so sweet. I know he's with Kayden, but Kayden is poly.. so maybe I can talk to Kay about me and Luca and him. It's not even like it's just Luca, I've liked Kayden for about 2 out of the 3 years I've known him. Maybe we can make it work.

After a couple hours of me entertaining Luca, he wanted Kayden to cuddle with and I'm still in no condition to do that as of now.
"Dady.." He asked, fidgeting and poking Kayden in the arm. He shifted and groaned before looking at him, confused.
"I wanna cuddle.. I want lovies." Luca mumbled, reaching for him. Kayden nodded and pulled him into his lap, wrapping his arms around Luca while trying to really wake up.
"Was your dream good?" I asked, popping my knuckles.
"Yeah.." He mumbled, nodding and rubbing Luca's back.
"Damn, I'm pretty sure I was tripping balls in my sleep." I said, trying to lighten the mood.
"I had a dream I was at Walmart and it was like black Black Friday almost and I ended up getting in a fight or something." He told me, Luca shifting in his lap.

A couple seconds later a doctor, I think, walked in and shut the door behind her.
"Hey, Jacob. So, since it was cocain you overdosed on its a medical requirement you get placed in an acute stay at Valle Vista. For a detox of sorts." She said, making me from but nod. Admittedly, I probably should've said I didn't wanna snort anything at Chris' house but I wanted to get high to be honest. We were already drinking so I guess it wasn't the most rational choice, but still a choice I made.
"They've got the most beds open and we're gonna need you to fill out some paper work for the systems while we get a bed reserved." She said, handing Kayden the clipboard around Luca who was still in his lap.

"But, do you need anything? Do you have any questions? If you want you can get something to eat delivered and we can bring it back for you." She asked/informed us, grabbing the doorknob already.
"I think we're good." I said, sitting up more in the bed. She nodded and told us she'd be back later for a check before leaving us.
"Jesus, I hate paper work." I complained, taking the clipboard Jacob was holding out to me.
"I'd do it for you but I can't really fordge your signature too well." He said, smiling at me and making me laugh. I reluctantly took the pen and started reading over the front paper. It's already so boring.

Kayden POV

"Go to sleep, Babe. It's okay. I'll wake you up if Jacob leaves, I promise, Love." I tried to persuade the boy next to me. It's about his normal nap time and he's getting grumpy about going to bed, telling me he doesn't wanna miss Jacob if he leaves.
"Dady, he's gonna leave and I'm not gonna say bye bye.." He whimpered, his lip quivering.
"Babes," Jacob interrupted, "I pinky promise me and your Dady will wake you if I leave. Okay? You won't get left behind and I won't leave without saying bye." Luca thought for a second, still pouting, before nodding a bit.

"Come up here and lay down, Bubba. It's probably uncomfy to sleep in an office chair." Jacob offered, gesturing Luca over.
"You've got a favorite." I teased him, smiling and helping Luca up onto the hospital bed.
"Yeah, totally." He agreed, watching Luca get comfy. I think Jacob likes Luca, as in how I like Luca. I don't mind, honestly, I'd be okay with it but I have to talk to both of them. Ultimately, it's up to if Luca is okay with it or not. I wouldn't kick Jacob out or anything If he didn't want to, but I'm also not going to force him to date me and my best friend.

"Dady.. kiss?" He quietly asked, looking up at me with his cute green eyes and little button nose.
"Of course, Love bug." I mumbled, leaning down and pecking his lips and forhead.
"Go to bed, Babe." I told him, watching his turn onto his belly and shield his eyes from the lights. I hope he has a good nap.