070

Hearing the bell ring above his shop door Gold sighed as he walked out to the front

Hearing the bell ring above his shop door Gold sighed as he walked out to the front. "We're closed" he shouted and groaned seeing Emma, Regina, and Aurelia. "Please, go away."

"No. We're not going down without a fight. I bet there are a lot of people in the Underworld who would be thrilled to see you and me" Regina said.

"We deserve it. And it doesn't matter. There is no alternative" Gold said.

"There might be. But I'll need Excalibur" Aurelia said.

"The only possible way Excalibur would be of any use would be if-"

"If Lia takes all the darkness into herself and uses the sword to destroy it," Emma said.

"And herself," Gold said, shocked that she'd be willing to make such a sacrifice. The room was silent as Gold walked to pack and retrieved the sword.

"Excalibur was always destined for the hands of a true hero," he said, handing it over. "You're a brave woman, Aurelia."

"Thanks" she mumbled, the sentiment not meaning too much to her once she had the sword in her hand.

"But it might not work," Gold said.

"Why not?" she asked.

"Well, the blade, it chooses whom it finds worthy and it chooses its miracles," Gold said.

"It doesn't matter anymore. I'm doing this."

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Aurelia decided to head back to her house while Emma went to join the rest of their family at Granny's and Regina went with Robin and Roland.

When she walked in she was startled by Killian, sitting in the shadows, waiting for her.

"Jesus you scared me," she said.

"Sorry, love, but I can't let you use that sword," he said.

"Killian, you know that I can't let everyone I care about die," she told him.

"And if you do, you'll die. Come now, hand it over. I don't want to hurt you" he said.

"I didn't think you cared anymore about what happened to me," she said.

"Like it or not, I owe you," he said.

"For what?"

"Well, if it weren't for what you made me, I would never have become the man I always wanted to be," he told her.

"This is not who you wanted to be. You're better than this. Revenge didn't matter to you" she said.

"Oh, it did. You just briefly distracted me. But now I can finally make the crocodile pay" he said.

"But look at what you're doing. You're becoming the person you hate. The person you spent centuries trying to destroy! This isn't you" she said.

"If you didn't want me to change, you should have let me die," he told her.