.•.Home Sweet Home.•.

•The Flight was a long one, but it was a journey that was long overdue

.•The Flight was a long one, but it was a journey that was long overdue. She hadn't been back home in a long time, and maybe it was about damn time she stopped putting it off and start healing.

She landed in the South of france, rented a car and drove a few hours in silence toward her childhood home.

Though her human memories had faded throughout the years, her only remembering big events, her hands moved through pure muscle memory around the twisting roads and hills of her town. It was as if she was possessed as her body remembered what her mind could not.

And finally, she parked the car outside a huge gate. She remembered that gate, she remembered the last time she saw it, the day she left France for good and never looked back.

Though she never came back, she bought the home she grew up in, and hired a few gardeners every few years to come in once a week for years.

Upon entering the lush gardens were a sight to see. But beyond the pretty outside, there stood her childhood home, a ghost house in every sense of the word. Just the sight of it sent a shiver down her spine.

It's an unnerving feeling to see a place that was so full of life and love at some point, look so lifeless, so liminal and unlived. But it was still beautiful, that fact no one could deny.

Mina leaned up against her car gazing at the house, seeing the ghost of herself standing in the window gazing back at her. She remembered hazy memories of herself running around with her brothers, the family dinners outside when the weather was nice.

Taking a breathe, she approached the house, a key in her hand. A key that she had carried with her for years. She stuck it into the door, it fit perfectly as she unlocked it and pushed open the door with a creak that echoed through the empty home.

She stood in the doorway a while, mourning. A wave of grief washed over her so suddenly, that she found herself wanting to run to her car and drive off, she wanted to burn the building down and forget everything, she wanted to call Rosalie, and have her save her.

She fought every instinct that told her to leave and entered, shutting the door behind her, leaving her to stand in the dark house as every curtain was drawn.

The home smelled of dust. The particles of it practically invaded the space, and due to Mina's enhanced eye sight, she could count every particle if she so pleased.

She moved through the home gracefully, taking in every detail of it, seeing mirages of her human self laughing, crying, running through the halls.

But with all the good, she also remembered the bad. She remembered that night, her waking from her mothers bloodcurdling screams, her investigating the noise with her brother. The moment she first saw the beast, and the moment it killed her brothers and almost killed her.