Prologue

The pitch-black darkness engulfed everything in its gloom that night. Its black shadows were lurking here and there, making the surroundings so miserable. However, the moon was on its full might, giving its bright moonlight to everyone needing it. The smell of wet mud which had gotten soaked by the recent rain was also striking everyone's senses. The plants and trees in the corner were giving the impression of a zombie due to a bone-chilling night. There was not a single soul on the road. But that bad environment wasn't that horrible compared to what happened to her.

She was running without any direction or way. Barefoot, without any dupatta, hair open, messed up, eyes swollen with tears; that was she right now. However, her whole focus was on rushing away from him. So far that he would never be able to see her again. She was breathing heavily, her pulse was sped up and she was sobbing due to the attempt to stop crying.

She just wanted to hide somewhere. A place where no one could see her and she could live safely. She always disliked darkness because it made her got frightened but today it felt like a refugee for her.

As she passed by a street and headed towards the main road, the stillness and darkness got broken away by something. Swallowing hard, she scrambled ahead quickly but she paused when two flashlights got impinged against her eyes and then the sound of the engine reverberated. She tried hard not to shriek.

It was a car which stopped in front of her timely or else she could have been hit by it and perhaps would have died. Death although had already occurred in her case; was the death of self-esteem and courage.

When she scrutinized, her eyes widened to find the car was none other than that of the Police. Her heart started beating heavily in her ribcage. She didn't pay heed to it when she flew away. The flashlight was irking her eyeballs, hence she squinted her vision.

The door opened and then someone appeared from inside it. She covered her eyes with her hands as she took a few steps back.

"Are you alright?" It was the voice of a man. Such a husky, deep, and intimidating voice that almost made her feel her gut came into her throat.

Her gaze flitted across his figure and then she gasped. "P...police?"

              _______________________

AssalamoAlaikum/ Hi dear readers!

Here's the prologue for you.

Hopefully, it has set the vibe of the story for you. But brace yourself, the real story will be more interesting than this.

I will update the first chapter soon.

If you like it, don't forget to vote and comment. ❤

Allah Hafiz/ Bye. ❤❤❤