<43>

Both of them didn't say anything after that. Haider had again put the car on the road. Ishmal's silence meant her willingness. She also wanted to give this relationship a chance. They met each other again and it ignited a spark, firework, emotional attachment, and longing between them.

She turned her head and glanced at him. He was driving with his one hand. The hand of his injured left arm was placed leisurely on his thigh. Pressing his lips together in an observant way, he was looking even more handsome to her now with a few strands of his black hair was now falling on his forehead. Her eyes then lowered and when they locked with his gun holster, it made her suck in a harsh breath as it made her remember whatever happened a while ago.

Haider noticed her gaze on him and gave her a look. She almost jumped out of her place when he got her blunder.

"What's wrong?" He asked gently.

She had noticed today he was talking very politely with her. The attitude, rudeness, and intimidation that he usually used to show to her before was totally absent from his behavior now. Ishmal shook her head anyway.

"Gun is bothering you," he said, raising a brow at her.

She put a lock of her hair behind her ear and Haider followed her movement. He missed seeing her golden beautiful hair. "I was thinking that you must be in pain due to your wound. You shouldn't drive in such a state for so long, Mr. Haider."

Haider gave her a twisted smile. "The things I have survived during my training hours were a way harder, crueler, and intenser than this small wound, Ishmal."

Her jaw dropped at this. "It must be very difficult."

"Nothing seems difficult in front of passion I believe," he asserted.

Here she agreed with him. What she did also seemed very boring and hard for many but she had a passion for art and she loved letting all her thoughts come on paper in the form of wonderful paintings.

"By the way, where are we going?" She changed the topic as her attention diverted to unfamiliar roads.

"My house. To get something worth eating. I don't trust any restaurant especially when I have a fresh wound," he told her.

Ishmal stiffened. "Your house?"

She couldn't just go to his house like this. In front of his family again when she had practically disappeared without saying a word to them. Ishmal wasn't ready for it yet. And who knew how would they act with her now? Of course, red petals wouldn't be in wait for her as far as Haider's family was concerned.

"Yes." He lifted his shoulders. "My own house where I brought you on the very first night. It's very near to the place we are at right now. And we have a few maids to cook for us. So that's why."

Ishmal finally left the breath that she was holding for so long. But this evoked a question in her heart. Even if she and Haider would reconcile, would his family act to be all normal to accept her again? The reality of this contract marriage must have opened in front of them and now she would be nothing other than a girl who ran away from her house. Also, the fact that she had been deceiving them for the three months she lived with them. Would they forget it and move on?

                       _________________

Ishmal looked around her surroundings in appreciation. She had come here before as well. In fact, lived for a week or so too. But at that time, she was too terrified and emotionally drained to notice the beauty of Haider's government house. It was very magnificent, big and stunning.