<40>

Her eyes locked on that person. He was a young man, handsome, and had attractive features. Having light black hair, alluring grey eyes, a straight slim nose, high cheekbones, and a sharp jawline covered by a dense black stubble he was giving graceful vibes. He was cladded in a light brown dress pants and a simple white shirt, completing his look with a body-hugging blue denim jacket.

She had seen him before. She seemed familiar to her.

"Sir, here she is. Miss Ishmal Alam. The one who made that beautiful piece of art."

The guy lifted his gaze from his phone's screen and gave an unhurried look at Ishmal when his manager introduced her to him.

"Oh." When he spoke, his voice was deep and low. "The artist embodies her own art definitely. You have a good eye, Mehmel."

"Don't mention it, Sir." Mehmel smiled.

Now she recognized where she had seen him. On TV, the internet, and in newspapers.

"AssalamoAlaikum!" Ishmal finally greeted him.

He looked back at Ishmal and nodded curtly. "Walaikum Assalam. Have a seat, Miss Ishmal."

"Thank you, Sir," Ishmal mumbled before taking the chair in front of him. Mehmel occupied the one beside her.

"Let's have some coffee before we undertake the discussion of work. Right ladies?" He asked them but didnt wait for their reply as he gestured to the waiter with his index finger.

"A mocca for you, Mehmel. Yes?" He then stared back at Ishmal. "And you Miss?"

Ishmal became dumbfounded at this. "Ah...I...I am fine with anything. Thanks for asking."

He narrowed his eyes at her but didnt speak anything in reply.

"She will also have Mocca, Sir," Mehmel said with a smile.

Ishmal realized she smiled a lot. But she was more concerned over the fact that she just stuttered in front of a CEO who was perhaps going to give her a job. Though her work was behind the scenes, however, she should show herself more confident.

"Lovely," the man spoke and then gave the order to the waiter.

The man started. "Miss Ishmal, Mehmel showed me your work. And honestly, I was very impressed by that. I was in a real need of a good graphic artist for my children's magazine. I got many but they just couldn't pinpoint the innocence and simplicity of the target readers. But yours was really a good attempt. It had purity and clarity. So, you can continue with us. You will be provided with a very nice working environment, to-the-point command, and a handsome salary. So if it's okay from your side, let's discuss the contract."

Ishmal moved her head curtly. "I would like to proceed, Sir."

"Marvellous. Mehmel can I have the contract please?" He inquired his manager.

The offer was very nice and something Ishmal would be a fool to reject so she said yes at the moment.

"You are a part of Rise and Shine, Miss Ishmal. We are a team now. I want the best for you. And without any sugar coating, I won't tolerate any disloyalty and recklessness from the work. So I hope we can work together nicely," the CEO announced with a slight tilt of his neck.

"I won't disappoint you, Sir. You can count me on it," Ishmal mumbled.

She couldn't believe she had found a way to let her passion flow and come to work.

__________________________

"Izmir has visited Karachi. For one of his projects. He called me a while ago that he will be coming to our house tomorrow," Aqia disclosed on the lunch table as everyone became ear of her words.