<1>

It was a bright day of summer in Lahore. The sun was shining brightly, making everything illuminated by its sharp rays and also increasing the temperature of the globe. Yet where this proved to be miserable for the poor people, the ones having every necessity of life didn't care about which weather was coming as it never affected them.

As happening for him who was currently present in a room having an air conditioner. But what the eye couldn't see on a superficial level, the folks of his class also had worries of their own.

He was sitting in his office, dressed in his black uniform. This kit snuggled against his muscular and tall body like a second dress and enhanced its beauty more. Right now, he had a laptop opened on his table, in front of him. His lips were pursed in a thin line and his eyes were narrowed as he was studying some files.

After a while, the door of his office knocked.

"Come in!" When he spoke, he had a husky and deep voice that could make anyone frightened due to how gruff it was. No doubt, he was doing this profession.

An inspector in probably his fifteen came inside and gave him a salute. "Sir!"

Haider nodded in response and looked at him with a raised brow.

"Sir, we have managed to capture one of the female helpers of the notorious gang from the girls' hostel of Main Market," he informed him.

Haider straightened his back. "Oh. Did you find any clue from her?"

The inspector shook his head. "Our female officers tried to extract the truth from her regarding her head but right now, she isn't spilling anything. If you want, should I intervene?"

"No," he denied firmly. "Not right now. Bring her in front of me. I know how to get answers from such people. And yes,  send all the victim girls to their houses at any cost. And send the other women who lived in that hostel to some other reasonable girls hostel. Ask your subordinates to keep an eye on all of them. Their protection is our duty, Kareem Ali. Get started."

"Yes sir!" Kareem Ali again saluted him and then went off.

A few months ago, they got reports from various sources that a gang was involved in smuggling young girls from a popular girl's hostel to some prostitute centers for prostitution after getting huge amounts of money from the holders. Digging more into the matter, the police finally realized it was done none other by the owner of the hostel who quickly flew away. But they managed to get another woman who was the facilitator of this act, who worked as the cook for the kitchen of the hostel.

A bit later, the young woman who was the facilitator of the gang appeared in front of SP Haider. To give her another chance, he still asked two of his female inspectors to come as well.

He eyed the scared woman amusedly before walking in her direction with calculated steps. She gulped and looked at her lap.

"Who asked you to do this?" He asked, in a low voice.

The woman didn't speak at all, yet her blinking increased.

"Speak!" Haider snarled and she jerked out of her place. She had heard the yelling of many police officers but it was something else. It almost made her soul suck out of her body.

"For whom you are working? Who gave you money to keep your mouth shut? Tell me when it's just vocal. Or else, I will take the matter into my own hands and I am nothing like all of them," he mumbled, bringing his face near to her face.

A few tears fell from her eyes and then she glanced at him. She swallowed painfully to see his chilling black eyes. Haider smirked and then gestured for one of his female inspectors to come forward.