<23>

He was stopped in his track when someone appeared in front of him and it made all the shopping bags from that person's hands to fall. Haider looked ahead with irritation. It was a young boy probably a teenager. The guy huffed and crouched down to grab his things which came out of the shoppers. Haider decided to ignore him and walk ahead when a woman approached them.

She looked at the boy. "Ayyan, what's wrong?"

"Nothing Mama. I am just coming," he mumbled.

His mother glanced at Haider with apologetic eyes. At this, he flipped a hand to show it was nothing. "Walk carefully, beta."

Just when Haider was about to leave for real, his eyes unknowingly went towards the floor and something made him pause. It was something peculiar peeking through one of the shopping bags. Perhaps a picture of someone very familiar to Haider but he couldn't remember it. It was half hidden by the bag but the golden hair which he could only see was very typical for him. He narrowed his eyes at it. But the boy soon placed it back in its original state and stood up.

Haider shrugged his shoulders as he didn't really have time for anything and stepped away. Sitting in his car, he pushed the race and out of habit, touched the under pocket of his shirt to check his phone but there was nothing. He again tried to search but to no avail. Where it did go? Maybe he had left it in the jeweler's shop. Haider again headed towards the mall and reached the same shop.

The first thing he noticed there made him still. It was after such a long time and technically it shouldn't affect him now as many years had passed but it again made those scars of hurt ego come alive. Nisha was sitting there with that guy, trying different kinds of rings and asking for his opinion on each one of them. While her husband's whole focus wasn't the jewelry, it was the happy face of his wife. He had a smile on his lips and a warm expression in his eyes that even though Haider hated to admit, everything was speaking of love and just the love he had for Nisha.

Their backs were towards him so they couldn't see him. They were regardless lost in their own worlds anyway to even notice anything around them.

"How's this looking, Ruhaan?" Nisha asked him, bringing her hand in front of his eyes. Her finger had a beautiful diamond ring around it.

Her husband touched the delicate ring and then looked back at her. "Breathtaking. Because it's in your gorgeous finger."

Nisha giggled and then shook her head. "So I am going to get it done."

Haider didn't hear what he said in the response. There was a havoc building in his whole body. A noise which was so loud that he couldn't make out any other sound. All this made him recall those instances when this woman humiliated him in front of everyone by cheating on him. How could he even forget it? Its wounds were still hurting him while she was happily enjoying her life after ruining his with all her might.

Haider curled his fingers in a fist as he looked away from the scene. He asked for his phone from the shopkeeper who fortunately had kept it to himself in wait that whoever it belonged to, would come himself in its search.

"I think you shouldn't take suggestions from me. Because whatever you will wear, I will like it no matter what." As Haider held his phone, he heard Nisha's husband.

"Be serious Ruhaan. Tell me properly. This one or this?" Nisha chimed, her voice laced with love and adoration.

Haider's jaw clenched in hatred and then he ambled out of the shop. Then he didn't know how did he reached his car and then drove back to home. He was fuming with fury, loathe, and resentment.

The day, when he found Nisha coming out of that guy's car, became vivid in his memory. He dealt with the same emotions at that time as well. When Nisha mortified their commitment and engagement by maintaining an affair with that guy and when she again blatantly again rejected him, all was playing in front of his eyes.