Interrogation

Aahan's pov

I also want to know the reason she 'despise my existence'. It's been few minutes since i asked her and she is lost in her own world. I shook her hand to make her aware about the situation.

And for a brief moment she looked at me with some unrecognizable emotions and then said,"I am sorry Aahan i know we decided not to tell anyone but now i have to...." i was so confused at the moment but she continued, "we used to date eachother and we broke up on bad terms that's why....."

"What!!!" I shouted and she pinched me and showed me puppy eyes asking me to play along!! I really don't have a choice though. Everyone was giving horrified expressions on this new piece of information.

"When did you guys date eachother, i never noticed." Ma said suspiciously. She was about to reply but ma said "Reply together of all my questions in one word."

Well maa know us too well and now we are over! Our lie.... ohh i mean her lie is caught now. But she just nodded!! Why god why like we haven't discussed it before.

This girl has created a huge mess and is forcefully dragging me with her. Now ma, papa, anjali, aunty and uncle were focusing on us so that we can't help eachother.

Papa asked the first question,"When did you guys start dating? Before or after aahan moved to Mumbai for his graduation?" It feels like Kon Banega Crorepati is going on.

"After" me and dumbo said at the same time. Oh thank god we are safe!

"How long did you guys dated?" Dev uncle asked. There's no way we can answer it correctly!!

"6 months "
"9 months "
Dumbo and i said at the same time.
We are so over now.

"Explain!" Maa said. I couldn't think of anything then suddenly dumbo said," We dated for 6 months only, earlier he was just trying to woo me and he included that time period too." She said laughing nervously and i too laughed awkwardly in hope that they will buy it.

But seriously i was the one to woo her like really this dumbo! But god how fluently is she lying . Looks like she got a phd in it.

"You really think we are gonna buy it?" Maithili aunty said. We didn't say anything.

"Why did you guys broke up?" Ankita asked. This little brat. There was silence in the entire living room. Everyone was looking at us and we were looking at eachother.

Now the situation was getting more qnd more tensed, so i said the first thing that came into my mind and instantly regretted my existence. I said," She cheated on me!"

The way she was looking at me today is my last day in this world. Now all the heads snapped towards her waiting for her response or maybe explanation!

Nitya pov

I was about to say that it didn't work out that we didn't find eachother compatible enough and something like we used to fight over petty things and at the end broke up.

But this bandar!! He is dead today. Everybody is looking at me with some unknown emotions.

"I didn't. I told you earlier too but you just don't trust me." I said faking sadness and getting myself out of this messy situation.

His eyes widened at my response haha you deserve it. He was amused that i handled the situation only to realize that now he is supposed to respond.

"Uhh...... vo....... uh... actually mai vo..." he was stuttering real bad though he definitely deserved it but still i came to his rescue.

"I think we shouldn't discuss our relationship issues here and that too in front of everyone, i mean it was past and what's done is done." I said in a single breath hoping the end to this topic and topic of our marriage too.

I really can't tell i they are convinced or not. But there was silence and tension in the environment. I shouldn't have gone for plan b shit!!

"Where did you get these third class ideas!!" Bandar whisper yelled at me. Honestly i was at fault this time.

"Sorry" i said.
"What" he whispered amusingly not believing his ears.

"Nothing" i said.
"You apologized!"
"So you did hear me the first time!"
He just rolled his eyes at my response.

"Well i must say you two cooked up a good story just sitting here." Veer uncle said. Shit they are still not convinced.

"And then you say why do we want to getyou guys married!" Papa exclaimed.

"You are just perfect for eachother." Mahi aunty said.

"Always having eachother's back." Mumma said.

"So you guys can stop this little act of yours." Papa said.

"We are not lying uncle, we used to like eachother, had issues back then and we broke up." Bandar said.

"Okay than tell me the exact date when you guys started dating, like actual date no 6 months 9 months thing." Veer uncle asked.

Now we are doomed. Before we create anymore mess i decided to end this topic.

"Okay fine we lied." I said earning glares from everyone including bandar.

"What! You only wanted us to admit that we were lying the whole time now stop giving me these death glares." I said trying to save myself form them.

"Why did you do so much drama if you had to admit the truth, dumbo!!" Bandar said irritatedly.

"Just shut up you idiot!! Bandar!" I counterd.

"Seriously you don't have brain, i don't even know how are you surviving!!" He said trying to crack a joke but just like him, his sense of humor is also lame.

"How is that possible that you don't know, i mean you are literally doing the same thing." I said, i know a poor comeback but seriously couldn't think of anything else.

"Thankfully! I shot the entire conversation in my phone otherwise there's no way your children are gonna believe that both of you are fools!!" Anku said interrupting into our bickering session.

"Wait what!! You recorded all this , ankita delete it right now!" Bandar said sternly.

"Okay enough of you kids now!!" Mumma said anger visible in her voice.

"We were never forcing you guys against your will! For god sake we are your parents!" Mahi aunty said.

"We just wanted you both to try to get along, try to make things work out and not  planning these stupid drama." Veer uncle said.

"Can't you guys just give it a try for our sake. We are your parents and we won't do anything that will harm you in future!" Papa said.

We both were feeling very guilty and looking at floor the whole time.

"Do you guys have anyone in your life?" Mahi aunty asked .

"No" we both said at the same time in a low tone and guilt evident in our voice.

"Than what is your stupid excuse?" Mumma asked.

We both were still looking down and didn't dare to speak a word.

"You guys are not going to speak anything, are you?" Mumma asked.

We both just mumbled a little sorry to everyone.

"If you really mean it try to give this relationship a chance." Mahi aunty said.

We both were still looking down and not uttering a word.

"You two are fool not to see how good you both are for each other and we are just trying to help you idiots." Mahi aunty said.

As soon as these words left her mouth me and bandar looked at eachother.

Good and us.
Joke of the century haha.