Aahan's birthday-II

Author's pov

"Akshay already disclosed your surprise, btw!" Aahan said, looking at  nitya.

"That was not the surprise! You already knew i would plan a surprise for your birthday." Nitya replied hesitantly.

"Huh?" Aahan looked at her confused.

"The thing is, i am still falling in love with you. I don't think it can ever stop. I just end up falling for you even more with each passing day, and there is no going back, and honestly, i am loving this feeling. The feeling of us. The feeling of falling in love with the person i never imagined. You are way too good for me. Sometimes i think what  did I even do to deserve you!" Nitya said and held his hand, bending down on one knee and continued speaking.

Aahan looked at her with shock as he was definitely not expecting this. Her eyes were glossy, and so was his.

"I am a very talkative person and still was never vocal about my feelings. It doesn't mean i don't love you as much as you love me, it's just i always fail to choose the right words to tell you how much i love you and how much you matter to me...." She said as a tear escaped her eyes. "You always do things to make me feel special, make me feel loved whereas, i failed to do so. I know you deserve the world, but can i be a little part of your world? Will you marry me, Dr. Aahan Kapoor?" She said, taking a velvet box in her hand with a ring in it.

Both Aahan's and Nitya's eyes held tears. Tears, which indicated the love between them. The bond that started from hatred is now turned to something so beautiful. The tears held admiration the had for one another.

Aahan, who stood there, frozen, not able to decide if it's reality or one of his beautiful dreams about the woman he sees his future with?

Aahan wanted to get married to her the day he confessed, but he knew it was too early. The day Nitya confessed, her love enlightened another hope in his heart, but he still couldn't get himself to ask her for marriage.

He bought a ring a month ago to propose to her but couldn't get the courage and just kept it in his pocket every day to get some courage to finally ask her.

It took him a few minutes to realise it wasn't a dream. It was the most beautiful reality he could have ever asked for.

As soon as he realized that it's been too long since Nitya proposed to him and is waiting for his reply, he cleared his throat in order to hold back his emotions and said,
"And you say you fail to choose the right words....." he chuckled at his words. His voice hoarse due to his emotions. A tear escaped his eyes as he continued bending down on his knees, looking directly into her eyes, and continued,
"You talk about being a part of my world when you yourself are my entire world.... Honestly, you didn't even have to ask me. You could have just said,'Let's get married', and i would have been dancing in joy! But since you already asked.... i would love to get married to you, to be your husband, and honestly, i can't even wait now!"

Their eyes shed a few more happy tears as they embraced each other.

After a few minutes, they broke the hug, and Aahan wiped Nitya's tears, and then she made him wear the ring.

"I love you! Thank you for giving me the best birthday. You by my side already made it so special and this proposal..... i knew you were planning a birthday surprise for me, but never in my most perfect dream, i have thought of this!" Aahan said as he helped Nitya get up.

"I love you more." Nitya said, smiling sheepishly.

Their moment was disturbed by Aahan's phone.

"It's maa." He told Nitya, and she nodded.

His mother wished him and asked him about his whereabouts as it was already 12:48 a.m., and he is still not home.

He told her mother that he'll be back in an hour and not to worry and disconnected the call.

"Aunty must be worried. It's already late. You should go back. Akki would be back by one thirty ,maximum two. He is at Roh's place. I already told mumma that I'll be at his place and will go to the office directly from here tomorrow!" Nitya said.

"I'll wait till he is back." Aahan declared.

"Ohk! I texted him. Till the time he is back, let's sit in the tent and enjoy Nitya special pasta!" Nitya said exitedly.

"Uh... I'll be back in a minute!" Saying this Aahan rushed downstairs.

He came back after a few minutes and sat in front of Nitya!

"What?" She asked him.

"Uh... actually i bought this ring a month ago, but couldn't gather the courage to give it to it's rightful owner. Even though you already proposed but Will you marry me, Nitya Sharma?" Aahan asked looking into her eyes holding the ring in one hand.

"Of course and now you are tied with me.... not just for this life, if their is afterlife then in that too.... aur sirf agle saat janmo ke liye nahi pr aage aane wale jitne bhi janam hai sbke liye!!" Nitya said making Aahan chuckle at her.

He made her wear the ring and kissed her.

"The pasta is cold now, can you go and heat it up?" Nitya asked Aahan showing him her best puppy eyes.

"Mere pyaar ka galat fayda uthati hai aap maharani sa!" Aahan said dramatically.

"I already regret agreeing to marry you!" Nitya exclaimed.

"You were the one who proposed!" Aahan stated making Nitya roll her eyes in annoyance.

"Btw did i tell you how breathtaking you are looking in this saree!" Aahan said in a flirtatious tone.

"You still have to go down to heat up the pasta!" Nitya exclaimed.

"Shit!" Aahan mumbled.
"Ohk fine! But the compliment was true. I literally forgot to breathe looking at you!" Aahan added.

"You don't look bad either! I do have an excellent choice in clothes.... even though i sometimes doubt my choice in men!" Nitya stated.

"I can guarantee you, you would never regret your taste in men.... as long as the 'men' is me!" Aahan said making Nitya smile widely.

"You are forever tied with me Aahan Kapoor!" Nitya exclaimed.

"And i can't tell you how happy i am! I will be with you forever." Aahan replied.

"Ohk! First heat the pasta, i am hungry!" Nitya said.

"Seriously ab pasta mujhse jayda important hogya!" Aahan huffed.

"Jaldi!" Nitya said and Aahan took the bowl of pasta to heat it up.

After a few minutes he was back and both of them enjoyed the pasta.

"We have to inform our parents too!" Aahan said out of blue.

"Please don't remind me!" Nitya huffed.

"I wish we listened to them, when they asked us to get married!" Aahan said.

"But instead you were busy standing me up on our first date!" Nitya mocked.

"Are you ever going to let that go?" Aahan asked.

"In this lifetime..... no!" Nitya laughed.

"You were the one who made silly plans to call off the marriage!.... that we were dating and then broke up.... blah blah!" Aahan pointed.

"You called me a cheater!" Nitya said suddenly remembering that day.

"Uh... shit! I am sorry." Aahan said.

"Yeah whatever!" Saying this Nitya went downstairs leaving Aahan alone on the terrace.

"You really had to bring that up! Stupid! Idiot!" Aahan scolded himself.