The Shopping Chaos

Nitya's pov

I woke up and got ready wearing a simple anarkali suit. Well, i love dressing up, and so being the to be bride, i don't miss a single chance.

Me, anku and bandar are going shopping and Akki is at my place only so i am thinking of inviting him. He will get to spend some time with Anku, and honestly, i am playing Cupid in their love story!

"We are planning to go shopping. Wanna join?" I asked.

"Mujhe baksh de nitya. Last week, you dragged me for five hours in the market just to buy a dupatta!" Akki huffed dramatically, joining his hands in front of me.

"Fine, if you don't wanna come. By the way, Anku is already giving me company, so that's totally okay!" I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"Well..... on second thoughts, i think I'll come with you. After all my dearest friend is getting married so i should join you in shopping!" He immediately replied, trying to act nonchalantly, and i barely managed to control my laughter.

"By the way, bandar will also be joining." I informed him, wiggling my eyebrow.

"Uhh! That asshole." He stated.

"What? Say that about him again, and Anku will be tying rakhi on your hand this year!" I announced.

"Arre tu to bura maan gayi! I am sorry, na." He whinned
.
.
.
.
.
Me and Akki came to the parking area , waiting for bandar and anku.

"What took you so long?" I asked while bandar was just staring at me.

"Sorry." He muttered, pulling me into a hug and pecking my forehead, making me flushed.

"Ugh, fine." I said and then hugged anku.

"What is he doing here?" The siblings said at the same time.

"He is joining us." I informed, and bandar looked at me as if i betrayed him while Anku just shrugged her shoulders.

We decided to take my car so i am driving, anku is the passenger princess and the boys are on the back seat.

Akki was admiring more like staring at anku. Meanwhile, she had her undivided attention on the road.

Well, Aahan was giving death glares to akki. Okay, i might have mistaken inviting akki with us, but i want him to have his chance to woo anku. I mean, he really loves her.

No offense, but all the people in my life whose name begins with 'A' are really a pain in ass!

We reached the market and got off the car. I saw a lady selling bouquets. I quickly rushed towards the lady and bought a bouquet of white tulips.

Three of them came there following me when i quickly handed the bouquet to bandar.

"What?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.  Did i tell you how hot he was looking in that simple t-shirt.

"For you." I said, smiling sheepishly, pointing towards the bouquet.

"You really didn't have to...." he tried to say, but i interrupted, "I wanted to!" I told him.

He smiled and pecked my lips.
"I feel like throwing up." Akki and Anku said dramatically.

"It was so much better when you two used to argue!" Anku declared.

We chose to ignore them as bandar entwined my hand with his, and we started exploring the market after keeping the bouquet in the car. I wanted to buy jewelry for haldi ceremony and a dress for the sangeet ceremony.

Author's pov

Aahan and Nitya started walking, holding hands lost in their own world,  leaving behind Akshay and Ankita, who eventually started following them.

"It's really gross." Akshay said, looking at Aahan and Nitya being clingy.

"Well, just imagine i have seen them fighting all my life, and now seeing them like this, i feel like some demon possessed them!" Ankita stated as Akshay bursts into laughter.

"But you know mumma told me they weren't sworn enemies till they were like seven eight years old. I don't remember much, but one day, they got into a huge fight over something, and then they started to bicker over every silly thing. In fact, they used to be very close back then. But after that particular incident, their fights grew so much that mumma papa started getting tensed Maybe they also realized it, so they started pretending to be friends." Ankita elaborated.

"So you guys never figured out they were pretending?" Akshay asked curiously.

"Of course we knew as they didn't stop fighting. I mean, one moment, they are pulling each other's hair and next moment, forcing a smile seeing our parents! Obviously, even a blind person could tell that they were about to kill each other a few moments ago, but our parents chose to ignore it. They never even acknowledge each other in school as if they are strangers, and since three of us were in the same school so they knew that i knew about their differences." Ankita concluded.

It was the first time Akshay and Ankita had this long conversation, so Akshay kept on adding to the conversation.

"So what changed then?" Akshay asked.

"Well then, bhai shifted to mumbai after school for further studies, and by the time he came back, both of them were busy with their lives. They avoided each other until our parents came up with a plan of getting them married, and so they made up stupid stories to avoid it! But due to that incident, they were forced to spend time with one another, and even after the whole marriage fiasco, they continued to do so and eventually realized their feelings, i guess." Ankita summarized.

"Maybe the distance helped them." Akshay said.

"Maybe." Ankita replied.

"How about you? Have you ever been in love?" Akshay asked, his heart hammering against his rib cage.

"I don't know exactly! Have you? Have you ever been in love with someone?" Ankita asked.

"Mmhm! I am! I am in love with someone." Akshay confessed, staring deep into her soul.

Ankita cleared her throat, and before she could say anything, Aahan came back towards them and said, "Why are you two walking this slowly?"

"Nothing bhai! Was just looking around." Ankita lied, not really knowing why!

"God bandar! Stop being so nosy! Let's go and eat ice cream!" Nitya said exitedly.

"You should eat solid food! You know you can't survive on ice cream!" Aahan said.

"Then you don't know me at all!" Nitya said, grinning widely.

"You'll get sore throat!" Aahan scolded.

"I won't! Don't worry." Nitya replied, shrugging her shoulders.

"But....." Before Aahan could finish, she dragged him along with her winking at Akshay.

"Let's go with them." Ankita said, breaking the awkward silence. Akshay just hummed as they both started following them.

"Have you bought a single thing in the past hour?" Akshay mocked Nitya.

"Well, i can't just buy any random thing, and you two were so busy in your own world that it was just me and bandar who had to decide what to buy!" Nitya teased, and Aahan choked on air.

"Uhh! I think we should buy your sangeet outfit first!" Ankita said, changing the topic.

Well the day ended with a lot more banters but at least we finished our shopping. Honestly, Aahan and Akki are never joining us while we shop ever again!
.
.
.
.
.
Hey guys it's your author again! Just three more chapters to go♡