The hug

Nitya pov

After bandar's stupid childish acts, we both were about to leave for our work when Akki barged in the house.

"Nityaa!!" He shouted on top of his lungs. He was panting heavily. Is everything alright?

"My parents found out about our relationship!" He added.

No! This can't be true.
Fuck!
This isn't going to end well!
His parents will not sit quietly after this!

"Will... will you say something!?" He asked.

"What did they ask you to do this time? In which country are you going to shift now!?" I shouted at him.

I know, i shouldn't have!
But I don't want to lose him! Not again!!
He literally do every shit they ask him to do, and still, they don't bother about his happiness!

Bandar was looking at me with hurt in his eyes, but why?
Then he left saying that he has some urgent work in the hospital, so he has to leave, and if there's some issue, he is just a call away!

I felt bad and had a sudden urge to explain to him the situation, but i had to handle Akki again, so i just nodded in response and shifted my attention back to Akki.

"Look, Nitya! i am not leaving anywhere! But mom and dad are really disappointed in me." Akki said.

"That's nothing new!" I said sarcastically.

"Why are you so bitter towards my parents!!.... and please don't start with that toxic shit again!!" Akki said.

"Ohh really! So why are you here? Huh! Go... go to your parents. Tell them that you were the reason for the start of this rumor! Go and tell them that you don't give a damn about their company and want to pursue acting! Go and tell them that no matter what they say, you are not going to break our friendship.... go ask them to support you once in your entire life while you do something you actually wanted to!!.... go tell them to stop treating you like a puppet for their own selfish reasons!!.... go tell them to once think about you before that goddamn billion dollar worth company of theirs!!..... " i literally shouted at him but he needs a reality check.

No matter if he hates me after this but even if there is a tiny possibility that he will get what i am saying and maybe once think of himself first and then his parents!

"Your parents are toxic.... and you don't realize it! I know you are hating me right now... but try once! Just once talk to them.... about how you feel.... what you want to do...!" I added.

"You know what, Nitya! I was mad that i came here thinking i would find some peace... but no! I was wrong!! Why do we have to fight over the same topic again and again!!" Akki shouted.

"This is the audition form of a new show i filled for you.... go and give the audition! Not for you but for me!! If you get the part and your parents support you, I'll agree that i was wrong, and if they still oppose you, then you will go against them once in your life and pursue your dream!" I said, handing him the form.

He looked at me and took the form and said," i am no longer into acting! I don't want to do it anymore!!"

"Or you are scared that you will have to accept the truth!" I said.

"You know what! you are not that sensible friend of mine right now! I don't want to argue with you! We will talk later! You must be getting late for work. Come, I'll drop you." He said.

"No thanks! We will talk after your audition!" I said.

"I am not giving the audition!" He said.

"Choice is yours." I said as we both came out, and i locked the door. He looked at me one last time and left.

I gave the key to the house to Mrs. Khurana and left for office!
.
.
.
.
.
Time skip to evening.

Aahan pov

I got late due to surgery. I entered house and found dumbo sitting on the couch watching a movie and scrolling her phone.

As i entered she looked a me and her eyes were red. She cried?

"Hey!" She said.

"Umm... hi." I said.
This is the first time we greeted eachother like normal people!

"Uh... i was ordering food, what do you want?" She asked.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Yeah... why wouldn't i be?" She said.

"You don't look fine!" I said.

She looked at me and came to me and wrapped her arm around my torso. She hugged me! My body stiffened, my heart was beating very fast! Heat rushed to my cheeks.

But i realized she was sobbing. I hugged her back and rubbed my hands on her back trying to calm her.

I don't know till how long we stood like that and she finally broke the hug and looked at me rubbing her eyes and murmured a sorry.

"It's fine! Better?" I asked.
She nodded and blinked her eyes.

"What do you want me to order?" She asked.

"I'll cook!" I said.

"No pleaseee! I don't want to mess up my taste buds!" She said.

"You didn't mind it yesterday!" I said teasing her.

She looked at me for a moment and said dramatically, " Bhalai ka to zamana hi nahi raha ".

I just laughed at her and we then ordered food. I didn't ask her why she was crying. I didn't want to make her uncomfortable.

We ate our food in silence. I was about to leave for my room after we were done with the dishes but she held my hand.

I looked at her.
"Are you tired?" She asked.

I shook my head in denial.

"Can you stay then?" She asked.

"Huh?" I said in utter shock.

"Nothing! Leave it!!" She said and was leaving but i stopped her.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.
She didn't reply.

"Don't say it's nothing and it's fine if you don't feel like sharing but how about we watch a movie?" I suggested.

"No, Aahan it's not like that! It's just its...." she was saying something but took a pause but my mind was stuck at Aahan. She called me by my name!

"... it's Akki!" She completed and the colors of my face vanished. What am i even thinking!! Aahan get a hold on yourself. She already have a boyfriend!

"Oh!" Thats all i could manage to say!

"I don't want to loose him! But lately i feel like we are drifting apart! Our bond is weakening. This relationship rumor is going to affect it even more..."

"Rumor?" I can't control my curiosity and interrupted her.

Then she told him how the rumor started and how Akshay's parents don't like her for some reason. She didn't go much in detail regarding Akshay's personal life.

I hugged her out of blue. I know she is sad and this is not the right time to celebrate that she and Akshay are not dating but i could not help it.

Once we broke the hug she looked at me in confusion.

"You and Akshay has been freinds for so long! You really think a small fight can break your friendship?" I asked her holding her hands.

"I don't know." She said.

"Don't think so much! Okay? Everything will be fine." I said and she just hummed. We sat at the couch and didn't realize when we both drifted to sleep!