Why do you hate me?

Nitya pov

After coming to my room, i quickly freshened up and called mumma. I didn't go downstairs and sat in my room only.

My phone pinged, and it was a message from Akki.

Akki: i am going for audition.

Nitya: Really!!
Nitya: All the best 💕
Nitya: Text me once you are done                           with your audition.
Nitya: I am still mad at you!

Akki: Ohk, madam! As you say, and i am still mad at you too!

I smiled and went downstairs and sat on the dining table.

We made breakfast together and after having food, we cleaned the dishes and were going to the living room.

Akki and I sorted things out!" I said, breaking the silence. He really comforted me yesterday, so i wanted to share it with him.

He smiled and said, "I am happy for you!"

"Thank you!" I said.

"For what?" He asked.

"For being there with me yesterday.... and maybe not judging me... i don't know why we fight all the time!" I replied as we both settled on the couch.

"Me neither!" He replied, and silence filled the environment.

"Well, it's you who fights all the time." He said after a few minutes of silence.

I scoffed at him and said, " Me?.... Yeah, sure!!"

"Ohh, please! Stop playing dumb! Ohh i forgot you are dumbo!!" He replied, and only i know how i controlled the urge to punch him!

I glared at him and said, " Well, you really don't deserve my kindness!"

He scoffed and said, " Kindness and you?"

"Haha! Very funny!" I said mockingly.

"Really mature!" He said and clapped his hands.

"It's you who started it this time!" I said.

"So you agree that you start it every other time!" He said, and he is now annoying me as hell!

How could i think that he is a nice person!
Idiot!
Bandar!

"Couldn't think of what to say!?" He said, and that's it.

I took the cushion from the couch and hit him, while he tried to grab the cushion to save himself.

He was still sitting on the couch trying to defend himself, and i was hitting him with cushion! This is something we do every time, and the only difference is that neither of our parents are here to stop us!

I didn't realize when i fell over him , his hands around my waist and mine on his chest. The cushion fell somewhere around us. We both stopped fighting and were lost in each other's eyes.

I have no idea how long we were lying like that! Not that i am complaining.

"Why do you hate me?" He asked without breaking the eye contact, me still lying over him.

I gulped the lump formed in my throat, and said, "I don't."

"Oh yeah! You despise my existence." He taunts.

"I.... I didn't mean it that way." I replied.

"But you always say you hate me!" He said  directly looking into my soul.

"I.. I don't know. We always fight." I said.

"I don't want to fight with you." He said.

"Neither do I." I replied.