Engagement-II

Aahan's pov

"Aggr aap logo ka hogya ho to hum function start krre!" Ankita said, and everyone started laughing.

She's definitely adopted!

"Bhabhi, you are looking so pretty. There's still time if you change your mind and want to run away." That little devil told my wife.

"Stay at least ten feet away from my wife!" I said, making distance between her and dumbo.

"She's not your wife yet!" Ankita smirked.

"I will be soon." Dumbo said, making me smile.

"Seriously di aap bhabhi kya bnne aapne to party hi badal li!" Ankita whined.

"All of you are drama queens!" Saanvi huffed in annoyance.

"Sorry, mumma!" Ankita and dumbo said teasingly.

"Anku, bring the rings for engagement." Mumma said.

Ankita bought the rings, and the ceremony began.

I slid the ring in Nitya's ring finger, and she did the same, and we heard loud hooting and clapping, and she quickly hugged me.

"I love you." She murmured, planting a soft kiss on my knuckles.

"I love you too!" I said, bobbing her nose with mine. We heard throat clearing sound breaking our little moment!

"You guys are too cliche!" Ankita huffed.

"We'll see when it's your turn." Dumbo teased, and i saw Akshay blushing!
I so want to kill him right now!
No, Aahan, it's your engagement. You can't murder your wife's best friend!
Not at least today!

"You really need to stop hating him!" Dumbo whispered to me.

"Ohh! I don't hate him. I just want to kill him." I replied, and her eyes widened.

"I didn't know you were such a violent person. Meri sangat ka aasar ho rha h tumpr!" She replied, grinning.

"Bigad diya tumne mujhe!" I replied, earning a smack from her.

"Good luck, Aahan! Now you have to spend the rest of your life with her only!" Dev uncle said, interrupting our banter.

"Seriously, Papa! Aapni eklauti beti ke saath aap aisa kroge?" Dumbo said dramatically.

"Are you sure, Aahan?" Uncle said, looking at me, and i couldn't help but burst i to laughter.

"I think it's too late now." I said teasingly.

"Oh yeah! By the way abhi tk shaadi hui nahi hai!" Dumbo said mockingly.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I hope you both don't end up killing each other the moment you two are left unsupervised!" Dev uncle exclaimed.

"Well, killing would be the last thing they'd be doing one's left 'unsupervised'!" Akshay said in a teasing tone, earning a glare from me and dumbo while dev uncle was traumatized.

"At least don't say that in front of me! She's my daughter!" Dev uncle said, looking at Akshay with unpleasant expression.

"Anyways, I'll go find virendra." Dev uncle said and quickly rushed away.

"Akki, you really want me to murder you even before you get the chance to confess your feelings!" Dumbo said as soon as uncle left, and now i can totally relate to uncle!

"Don't discuss my sister's love life in front of me!" I said with a disgusting reaction.

"Who is discussing my love life, which i never knew existed, by the way?" Ankita asked, coming out of nowhere, and i can see nervousness on Akshay's face.

"Why does everyone have to eavesdrop our conversation?" Dumbo said, diverting the topic.

"Aww! Do you two need privacy? Kyu kya krne ka irada hai?" Rohan said, coming out of nowhere.

Seriously, aur koi bhi reh gaya hai to come already!

"Filhal to Akki ki setting krane ka!" Dumbo said, wiggling her eyebrows and earning a glare from Akki.

"Why are you so interested? Do you wanna settle the score. I mean, jaise maine teri setting krayi thi waise..?" Akshay said, earning a smack from Dumbo and questioning gaze from rohan and Ankita.

"I think we are missing something! Spill it already." Now it was Saanvi.

"One, two, three, four, five, six.... now everyone's here!" Dumbo said dramatically.

"Not gonna work, bhabhi! Fill us in, Mr. Ceo!" Ankita said.

"Well, it was the night before your parents came back to delhi ahhhh..." Akshay was saying, and suddenly he yelled. I noticed my dearest fiancée just stabbed her heels in Akshay's foot!

He deserved it! Once more, dombo!

"Kya hua Akki? Why are you shouting?" She said, acting all innocent.

"I accidentally spilled the beans about her feelings in video call, not realizing that Aahan was sitting beside her, and then he kissed her!!" Akshay said in single breath, earning gasps from the other three while Nitya was looking at him as if she could kill him anytime.
Well, nothing new!

"Oohhh!"

"Stop overreacting!" I scoffed.

"Tbhi mai sochu aap logo ko itni jaldi kaise realize hogya. I mean mai to abhi dss barah saal ka minimum time expect krrhi thi!" Ankita said dramatically.

"It's okay, Anku! Yaha pr meri itni mehnat ke baad bhi dss barah saal lgne wale hai!" Dumbo retarded while Ankita was confused and that jerk was blushing while rohan and Saanvi were giving him teasing gaze.

"Huh?" Ankita questioned.

"It's okay! You'll understand soon, my child !" Saanvi said.

"Heyya!" Dumbo's friend Niharika and Arjun came from behind.

"You forget about us always!!" Niharika said dramatically.

"Really? You two were too busy in yourselves! Finally tumne bride ko uski engagement wale din thodi si importance dene ka decide to kiya!" Dumbo said, smirking while Arjun choked on air while everybody started laughing.

The function got over after lots of teasing, laughing, and dancing. I can't believe we are officially engaged and are getting married!

I kept staring at the ring in my hand. I never thought I'd be this happy knowing i am marrying dumbo! Maybe if that stupid stuffed toy didn't come between us, we might have fallen in love long ago!

But better late than never.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Hey guys, your author this side! This was a small chapter. I just wanted to let you know that only a few chapters are left for this book to come to an end along with the journey of nitya and aahan.

Lots of love♡>
Thank you