Are we dating?

Author's pov

After Kapoor's left, Nitya went to sleep with several thoughts in her mind. She was too tired to overthink anymore, and so she just slept!

Next evening, she came back from the office and was parking her car when she noticed Aahan getting out of his car.

She went to Aahan and tapped on his shoulder and asked, " Why are you avoiding me?"

"I.. uh... I am not avoiding you!" Aahan answered.

"Look, bandar! If you are regretting the.. uh... i mean.. kissing me, we can pretend it never happened... just stop this behavior!" Nitya blabberd.

"I do not regret it!.... it's just that i kissed you without your permission, and i thought... you would be mad..." Aahan was trying to tell her but was cut off by Nitya pressing her lips to his.

Aahan was shocked to be an understatement. He could not believe what had just happened.

"Guess we are even now!" Nitya said and started leaving from the parking lot.

Aahan, who was standing at a spot like a statue, came back to senses and shouted," Wait!"

"Yeaah?" Nitya asked, raising an eyebrow.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Aahan asked.

"What is what supposed to mean?" Nitya teased.

"I... uh, i mean... are... are we dating?" Aahan asked nervously.

"Are we?" Nitya again teased him.

"Dumbo, i am serious!" Aahan said.

"So you are asking me to be your girlfriend and also calling me a dumbo!" Nitya asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I am serious, du...Nitya! I love you!" Aahan confessed.

"A.. aahan i... uh... i like you a lot, but i don't know about love. I mean, i am not sure about my feelings, and i don't want to hurt you." Nitya replied.

"You like me?" Aahan asked amused.

"That's not the only thing i said!" Nitya said.

"Look, Nitya, as long as you are ready to give me a chance, i am more than happy. If being with you, loving you gives me pain, then i would love that pain too. You are the definition of love to me. I have loved you for.... i don't know how long, and i am pretty sure that I would continue to love you. If you are ready to give me a chance.... give us a chance, i promise i would never leave your side.... and about love, i mean how long can you resist my charm?" Aahan said as they both chuckled.

Nitya hugged Aahan tightly.

"...so are we dating?" Aahan asked again.

"You are the actual dumbo! Of course we are!" Nitya replied with a big smile on her face.

Aahan just smiled and tightened his hold around her waist.

"I wonder how our parents would react!" Nitya exclaimed.

"I am sure they would understand." Aahan replied.

"Yeah, they would.... after a lot of teasing!" Nitya said, looking into his eyes without breaking the hug.

"Well, we can postpone the teasing session until i make you fall in love with me!" Aahan said, smiling sheepishly.
Nitya broke the hug and just rolled her eyes at him.

"By the way, don't tell Ankita until we inform our parents!" Aahan added.

"Why?" Nitya asked, confused.