150

[Luca POV]
I got out of the bath and got ready for bed, both anxious and excited for work tomorrow. Little did I know that it was going to be an awful day. I woke up and got dressed, brushed my teeth, asked Jacob to put up my hair, and was almost ready to head out the door.
"Oh shit. Wait, I gotta grab my wallet," I quickly said as Jacob was shutting the door behind us.
"Alright, I'm gonna go wait in the car. Lock the door when you come out," He reminded me as he handed me the house key so I didn't have to dig for mine. I stepped inside and hurried to our bedroom, grabbing my wallet from the dresser and Jacob's phone when I saw it was left on our bed. I wasn't planning on even looking at it until I felt it vibrate like he got a message. The screen was already facing up in my hand. So when I looked at it to see if it was a message, just so I could tell Jacob who texted him when I got out to the truck, I saw it was Jane. At first I didn't care, then I caught a glimpse of the message before his phone screen turned black. I clicked it back on and read it again, to make sure my eyes weren't just reading it wrong. It read-
'hey wanna get high after work? I talked my brother into giving me more. we could prob do what we did the other week after work again ;)'

I instantly felt both sick to my stomach and unbelievably hurt. Before I could talk myself out of it, I unlocked his phone to see their previous messages. Maybe she's talking about something else and just trying to be funny. I scrolled back a couple weeks in their conversations and it didn't take long for me to find a message that only solidified my assumptions.
'If you decide to tell Luca abt what happened tell him im sorry. Kay?' I didn't get a chance to see Jacob's reply before I just turned it off again. I wanted to cry. I didn't wanna go in anymore. I didn't want to be here. I stood up and wiped my eyes, telling myself to think about this for a while longer before acting crazy. I locked our door and remembered who's jacket I was in. Suddenly, I was grateful in a way for Calvin's policy on hoodies and jackets. I locked our door and shoved my wallet in my back pocket before heading down the apartment stairs. Jacob didn't ask about why I was so quiet. I don't know if he even noticed.

We got to the restaurant and I quickly got out of the truck, not wasting any time before heading inside and clocking in. I threw my stuff into the little locker and slammed it shut before heading out onto the floor and telling myself to act friendly. Even though it wasn't that busy, I kept tables all my shift. Calvin had Thomas at the host stand since people had started complaining about him recently. I didn't mind. I only talked to Jane when I had alcoholic drinks she needed to make, not once did I try to make conversation.
"Why were you gone for so long?" She eventually asked me. I just shrugged and hoped she'd back off, but she didn't.
"C'mon, you really aren't gonna tell me?" Jane asked, catching what most people would consider to be an attitude. I didn't care.
"No," I answered coldly, waiting for her to pour my last drink.
"Wow, you don't have to be such a dick about it. I just wanted to know where you were. God forbid I'm concerned!" She groaned, pouring the final beverage and handing me all the glasses. I just picked them up and brought them where they had to go. I kinda disassociated while working. I was very much on one track and wasn't 'in the moment' enough to differ from it.

"Why is your boyfriend being such a douche?" I heard Jane ask when Jacob needed her to pour something. I told myself she wasn't minimizing the seriousness of our relationship on purpose, regardless of the fact that she knew we were engaged.
"Don't call him that," Jacob told her. I stopped listening before I heard anything else they said. I didn't want a break, but I had to take one eventually. I just sat in our break room for a half an hour, mostly on twitter looking at the 'shtwt' hashtag. At 7:48 I went back out and had a new table coming in. I knew I'd be seated with them since a different worker just got seated with a 10-top and I hadn't gotten a new table in a while. It was a group of 40-ish year old men who just got off work, so I ended up needing a couple beers. I told Jane in a very monotone voice.
"You're being such a dick, can you please ask me nicely?!" She shouted at me.
"No," I told her. I didn't feel like I'd be capable of acting nice to her, and me just acting indifferent was the best I could do considering what I just found out about this morning.
"Why not!?" She demanded. I looked at her to try and figure out if she was being serious with me, but I couldn't really tell.
"Don't look at me like that! There's no reason for you to be shitty with me!" Jane exclaimed.
"You sleeping with my fiance feels like a pretty good reason," I responded in a slightly upset tone. I was really telling myself not to get mad and do anything in the restaurant.
"I didn't do that!" She instantly defended herself, on the verge of tears.
"You did," I firmly told her, leaving little room for discussion.