that morning

15
enjoy!!
(a bit on the longer side)

"9:24AM"

the sun rays shined through the blinds, brightening the dim room minho and seungmin were in. the younger was the first to wake up, groaning quietly as he sat up.

"mm..what time is it?" he mumbled, rubbing his eyes tiredly. he sat up, glancing over at minho who was still seemingly asleep. he then glanced around at the nightstand, searching for his phone. "where is it?.."  seungmin sighed, ruffling his messy hair.

he sat there for a minute before feeling a pair of arms wrap around his waist, slightly pulling him closer.

"minho?"

"where are you going? stayy!" minho whined, not letting the younger go.

"minho..get up and let go of me!"

"never." minho tightened his grip, sitting up and pulling seungmin against him. a quiet "oof" sound escaped seungmin's lips, pouting as he just gave up and sat there.

"ugh..minho, you're so needy..we need to get up!" seungmin whined, his eyes trailing down to minho's hands massaging his thighs. he felt his breath hitch a bit, the act making him feel..flustered.

but it was comforting— the feeling of minho's warm hands gliding across his skin— it made his heart, well,

do a thing.

"finee, you can act all grumpy then." minho replied with a fake pout, letting go of seungmin who quickly climbed off of him and stood from the bed. he looked at the other boy with a small smile on his face, laughing at minho being 'pouty'.

"minhoo, come on! stop acting like that!" seungmin giggled, walking to the other side of the bed where minho was. he grabbed his hand, trying to pull him up.

"let's just get ready, then meet up with the others, ok?" seungmin told him, before walking off to get dressed.

(timeskip)

seungmin walked out of the room, his eyes meeting with jisung, jeongin, and hyunjin.

"oh, hi minnie!" jisung waved, same with hyunjin who walked up to him. "minn! you said you would come back! what happened?"

seungmin waved to the two of them and rubbed the back of his neck. "i'm sorry! i- i just got distracted!" the younger replied, looking at the floor awkwardly.

hyunjin just chuckled softly, ruffling seungmin's hair. "hey hey, it's okay min. just don't fall asleep next time!" phew, that really calmed his anxiety down. he was glad hyunjin was just being cheerful, and not asking about more details.

after hyunjin went back to jisung, seungmin glanced over at jeongin who was.. glaring, almost(?), at him. seungmin quickly went up to jeongin and tackled him, hugging him tightly. "jeonginn! don't look at me like that! i'm sorry for last nightt!"

jeongin whined, trying to push seungmin off of him. "ahhh! minnie!" jeongin eventually gave up, sighing dramatically in defeat but laughing along.

"wait? what did he do last night? tell us!!" felix suddenly asked, appearing out of nowhere which made all their heads turn.

"huh? where did you come from—" jisung asked, but then also joined in with him. "yeah, what did you do? now i'm curious!"

"u-uhm.." seungmin's eyes grew wide, not wanting them to know. he was so embarrassed by the fact that he literally made out with his enemy.. crap, he was done for.

"w-wait, jeongin! don-"

"ohh, you guys will figure it out soon." jeongin simply said, interrupting seungmin. he smirked down at the older boy who was still hugging him, watching his expressions change.

wow. seungmin didn't know how to react. his heart was racing, relief washing over him. "ugh..thank you.." seungmin mumbled, sighing.

meanwhile, the others groaned in disappointment. "huh? what does that mean?!" jisung face-palmed, shaking his head.

but eventually, they all had to go back home. hyunjin and felix left together, whilst seungmin was getting ready to leave. jeongin was only staying because he promised to help jisung clean.

"bye guys! let's do something later!" seungmin waved to the two, before heading off.

eventually, the other 3 came out. changbin was first, then chan, then finally minho. however, minho was going to leave first. "hey guys, good morning!" jisung smiled as he looked up at all of them. jeongin waved but then..

called minho over?

"hm?" minho thought, a bit confused why jeongin suddenly wanted to talk to him. he walked over and sat down beside him, turning his body to face him. "what do you need?"

"so,

you like seungmin,

right?"

jeongin asked bluntly, his tone so.. nonchalant.

minho's eyes widened, feeling his breath hitch from the unexpected question. "uhm.." he looked down at his lap, his legs shuffling awkwardly.

after a few minutes of awkward silence(⁉️), minho spoke up. he cleared his throat, trying to hide his embarrassment.

"...okay, maybe i do.."

"great!" jeongin replied, leaving minho confused.

"huh? what do you mean?""

"well, after walking in on you literally eating his face off, i figured you liked him.. a lot. so i just wanted to tell you that i think you should ask him out!"

minho blushed at the thought, biting the inside of his cheek. ask him out? ASK HIM OUT? his heart raced, what if he really did that? what if he could strengthen their bond? or what if it breaks it? he was scared for the outcome. he didn't know if seungmin really liked him. they've only been known for being enemies, nothing else..

"...what if..he rejects me?" minho asked hesitantly, avoiding direct eye contact. yet he was shocked to hear jeongin laugh in response.

"reject you? no way, i've seen the way he recently has been acting around you. i'm positive he's going to say yes."

"but-"

"trust me, minho. i know my best friend. he's not the type to play with others feelings. he might not open up, but we both know damn well he would not let someone he hates to make out with him, let alone even get close to him."

"plus, we're probably all going out today. that would be the perfect time to ask him.

come on minho, what do you say?"

"fine, i'll do it."

=====

hihi!! ^^ i am soo so sorry that this was another slow updated chapter😭 idk how to stop procrastinating😓 also, i apologize for such a long yet underwhelming chapter! i promise the cool stuff will be coming soon!! anyways, i hope you guys can bear with me and my slow updating😭