03. {fantasy or reality?}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"and this is the twinkie." john b pointed to his car that was parked outside of the hotel. marella marvelled at it, genuinely fascinated. "incredible." she had changed into a more fitting outfit. now wearing a black tube top with brown elastic waist shorts and black vans. "volkswagen microbus?"

"volkswagen microbus?" jj mouthed to himself, wondering how she could just simply tell.

"nineteen seventy one, type two." john b boasted. "it's so beautiful." she praised, letting her palm rest on the side of it and feeling it's cold, steel surface. "pfft, this old thing?" john b joked, wafting the air with his hands.

"come on, let's go." kiara pulled the passenger door open and she slid into the seat. john b stepped into the driver's side while jj pulled himself into the back of the vehicle. marella stood awkwardly by the door, not sure what to do. pope took a step back, gesturing she could go in first.

"thank you." she smiled at him, climbing in and sitting opposite jj. the blonde boy rolled his eyes at pope's politeness as he sat beside the him and shut the door. "not that i'm complaining... but how long do you think this escapade will take us?" marella asked.

"why? you got better things to be doing, princess?" jj questioned.

"not better. but i have things to do, yeah." she explained, vaguely, while cringing at the nickname. marella heard him call her that at the kegger, but she's choosing to ignore it for now.

"shouldn't take us too long." john b spoke up.

"i still don't think this is a good idea." pope immediately said once john b began to drive. "i mean, can't we get money in a legal way?"

"pope, we're not stealing the drone." john b sighed. "we're borrowing it."

"humans are the only animal that can't tell fantasy from reality." pope announced. john b was impressed. "did you come up with that yourself?"

"albert bernstein came up with it, but it applies to this whole treasure-hunting thing." he replied without thinking. pope then slowly looked at the girl opposite him, his face falling. kiara also shifted around from the front of the minibus to look at her, jj glancing up to see her reaction to what pope had said, even john b was staring through the rear-view mirror.

marella felt the four pairs of eyes on her and frowned. "is there something on my face?" she questioned, gently brushing her cheeks.

"no. uh, did you hear what i said?" pope challenged.

"yeah, you mentioned it in the library. and john b had a map, and you guys were all looking at coordinates so i kind of put two and two together." marella explained.