09 . {stung by a jellyfish}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"no effing way!" kiara scoffed. "you brought her here? so what? she's in on this now?"

pope had come over to the hotel in the morning. he had found marie in the kitchen and began rambling apologies to her as she desperately tried to make herself an iced coffee. she had not slept that night, her head racing at the thought of what happened at rixon's cove.

unsurprisingly, pope managed to convince the girl to follow him back to john b's chateau, where they'd all have a group discussion.

"are you trying to lure me into one of your meetings just for me to be treated like an imbecile again?" she questioned. "i don't think so pope."

"look marie, i've got to go now." pope sighed. "but we came all the way here just to try and convince you to come. if that doesn't prove we want you around, i don't know what will."

"we?" she questioned.

"yeah, jj drove on his bike." pope shrugged as he backed out of the kitchen. "i do hope you come."

and so she did.

now marella was sitting at the chateau's porch, beside sarah. john b shrugged, his eyes on the blonde girl in between them. "i dunno."

"look, all i care about is her cut comes out of your share." jj announced. "just like how river's is coming out of pope's."

"how many times do i need to remind you i don't want a share?" marella groaned.

"no?"

"no." she shook her head.

"so what the hell are you doing here then?" jj asked her.

she shrugged. "i'm here for pope."

he rolled his eyes, glancing over to see the boy beside him smiling.

"hold on, i don't remember taking a vote." kie exclaimed, cutting their conversation short. "this is our thing. a pogue thing."

kie's words brought marella back to last night's conversation. her heart began to thump faster than it was supposed to and she wanted so badly to leave. but she stayed. for pope.

"i gotta say, i'm just a tad uncomfortable with all of this." pope confessed, making marella give him a look.

"thank you!" kie exclaimed.

"when are you not uncomfortable?" john b shot at him.

"i dunno. i rode here on the back of jj's bike pretty comfortably." pope shrugged.

"it's true." jj nodded. "most relaxed i've ever seen him."

"that's cute, guys." john b sighed, not really wanting to admit it.