05. {golf club attack}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"you boys get these groceries over to figure eight." bobby heyward instructed the two boys on his boat. "get straight back here when you're done. no fishin'. i promised delivery by this afternoon. rich folks don't wanna wait for you lazy sons of-"

when the man turned around with two more bags, jj already had his arms out to collect them.

"awh, jj, thank you." heyward smiled. "sons of bitches."

"right." pope nodded.

"well what are you waiting for?" heyward asked his son. "you two get going."

"just waiting on-"

"hello guys!" marella greeted, a warm smile on her face. she was on a six hour shift from morning, so she missed the test run of the drone but she promised pope she would see him, even if it meant jj would be there too.

"i think you forgot to mention that she was tagging along." jj whispered to his boy as she approached them.

"miss river, what brings you here?" heyward questioned.

she gently took a plastic bag from his hand and allowed pope to guide her gracefully onto the boat. "i'm here to assist. and marella will always be okay."

"right." the man nodded. "glad you can help." he glanced between the two boys. "you two better not get distracted." heyward warned them.

jj stood up straight and saluted to him. "copy that, sir. won't be a problem."

marella rolled her eyes, moving to the opposite end of the boat to the blonde boy as pope and his dad pulled the anchor up.

"bye pops!"

as the three sailed on the water, marella was laying on the floor of the boat, sipping the apple and blackcurrant caprisun she brought. there was one for each of them and a few packet of chips to snack on. the three were just chatting as the made their way to their destination.

"you guys remember hurricane florence when we were fourteen?" marella questioned as they sailed passed all the damaged houses and buildings on the south side of kildare.

jj nodded. "nearly as bad as this one."

"mhm." marella agreed. "my mom implemented these personal housekeeping services, since bookings at the hotel were low. instead of working in the hotel, she sent me off to people's houses and i genuinely was their maid for an hour or two."