13. {the cat's ass}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

"you sure you're okay beautiful?" kiara asked her, stepping out of the passenger's side of her car.

"yeah." marella nodded, but her appearance told another story. her eyes were puffy and she had dark circles under them. her hair was thrown into a bun and she was in clothes that looked like they could be pyjamas.

"so we've got to be done before my scholarship interview in the morning." pope told them both. they had already filled marella in on how they planned to retrieve all the gold the next day. "okay, well, we gotta focus." kie stated.

"i know. it's gonna be fine." pope reassured her. "marie, you coming? or do you have to work?"

"i'm pretty certain i'm off tomorrow, should be able to come." she clarified.

"okay great. we got john b and jj inside the well, and me up top." pope illustrated. "you girls will be outside transporting."

"yeah, we got this." kie nodded.

"uh, i got a winch." pope remembered.

"yeah?"

"that tin can hold over like... two hundred, three hundred pounds." he finished.

"thanks." kie spoke, out of the blue, as she grinned at the boy.

"uh, what for?" pope asked, a growing smile on his face.

marella began to feel a peculiar tension between them so she took a few steps away, making her way deeper into the garden. as she walked, she suddenly heard the sound of whirling before the lights on all the trees surrounded her.

"who the hell is that?" she heard kie ask as they both walked a few steps behind her. marella was the first one to see their blond friend sitting inside a hot tub. he popped open a bottle of champagne at her presence and smiled widely at her. "is everything okay?" she asked him.

"what did you do, jj?" pope breathed out.

"i got a jet going straight in my butt right now." the boy laughed. the girl could instantly tell something was seriously off about his behaviour, she always had this type of sixth sense. "y'all should get in immediately, you hear me? salud!"

"how much did this cost?" pope questioned, watching the boy pour himself a glass of the bubbly.

"uh... well... with the generator, the petrol, oh, hey, express delivery..." he chuckled. "pretty much all of it, yeah."

"all of it?"

"yeah, all of it." jj confirmed.

"you spent all the money in one day?" pope exclaimed.