170

[Luca POV]

I was so clingy to him the rest of the night, and even the next morning. I didn't wanna let go of him. I needed my Daddy, and I felt like I had to physically touch him to reassure myself he was staying. So when he dropped me off at Carter's, I was a mess. Not only did I want Daddy to stay, but I also didn't want to see Sage in case she was mad at me still. And today, there was only Sage and Lexie again. He kissed my head and shut the door before I could follow him. My sense of regection was skyrocketed. In an instant, I was sobbing.
"Shhh, what's wrong?" Carter quickly asked me, picking me up.
"Da-addy!" I cried, burying my head in his shoulder. I couldn't help how freaked out I was getting.
"Shh," He gently hushed me, rocking me on his feet for at least 15 minutes. I eventually had mostly stopped crying and was just trying to breathe.

Carter sat down with me in his lap and continuously rubbed my back. I really wanted Daddy. I know that's all I'm thinking about, but I really miss him. I don't want something to happen to him while I'm here. Carter apparently learned his lesson about forgetting to change from the news in the morning because he had on bluey today. I like it and all, but I don't go crazy over it. I like other stuff better.
"Luca, I gotta put you down," Carter mumbled, starting to slide me off his lap. I didn't wanna be difficult or mean, so I just sat down in front of him and tried to keep myself from crying again. He walked into the kitchen to go do something. I rocked really hard. I accidentally left Leo at home and only realized when I went to hold him in the car. But Daddy said we were late and didn't have time to go get him, so I just had to deal today. Which is really hard for me without my stuffie.

"Don't cry. Boys aren't suppose to cry," Lexie told me, only making me feel worse. Sage didn't say anything, so I assumed she still didn't like me. I kept rocking to try and make myself calm down, but Lexie commented on that, too.
"It's weird you do that," She commented before stacking another block onto whatever she was making. I stopped but didn't know what to do instead. So I started crying. Which only upset me more cause I was being judged for that, too. I don't wanna be here anymore. I wanna go home. I wanna sleep. I wanna hold Dady.

At lunch, I really didn't wanna eat. I was sorta punishing myself because Sage and Lexie weren't happy with me. And I know Daddy doesn't like it when I do that, but it wasn't even a conscious decision.
"Luca, eat something," Carter reminded me. I glanced at my plate and tried to find what I could get away with eating the least of. We were having frozen pizza, so I took two bites of it, not really wanting to swallow but doing it anyway, before asking if I could be done.
"...Eat another bite. And then finish your fruit. Then you can be done." Carter finally decided after thinking silently for a second. I felt myself tearing up again. I hate crying. I do it all the fucking time, but I hate it. I took a little bite before starting to stab my mango with my fork.
"Don't play with it," Lexie scolded me, as if she was in charge. I don't know why, but it really pissed me off.
"Don't tell me what to do!" I yelled at her, setting my fork down.
"C'mon," Carter firmly said, standing up and grabbing my hand. I followed him to the living room, still upset but only partially dragging my feet.

"You can't yell. I need you to sit in time out while I talk to her," He told me, gently pushing me closer to the corner. I sniffled and sat down, being told to face the wall before he left. I leaned my head against the wall, maybe a little rough, but not hard. I could hear their voices but couldn't make out what they were saying. I pulled my knees up to my chest and got comfy, honestly starting to get tired. Carter came back, not long after, and told me to talk to him. He sat down across from me before asking me anything.
"You know why we can't yell?" He asked, making me shrug.
"Cause it's really mean. And I know you're not a mean kid. But you didn't like it when you got yelled at yesterday. So, if you yell at her again, you won't get to play with cars next time. Okay?" He told me, making me nod a little.
"Kay. It's nap time, so go lay down," Carter gently told me, gesturing to the pallet he already laid down on the floor.