Chapter 67 Laser Tag, Times Up

Gotham City......... The chaos carried on as people everywhere continued to hide away in fear.

With Joker's threat of death, all of Gotham fell into pandemonium, as if the end of the world would take place the following hour.

The first hour passed, and Joker kept to his word. Several GCPD surveillance blimps exploded the moment the time hit the one hour mark.

Now, almost another hour had passed. It wasn't the appointed time yet, but strangely, something happened.

Just like it did after the first series of explosions took place, almost all television stations in Gotham were hijacked.

Billboard signs, TV commercials, news broadcasts...... The scene changed.

Many who saw the scene expected it to show the face of that deranged maniac again, calling out for Batman to answer his challenge and giving himself yet another reason to do something that would kill the lot of them.

Strangely however, the scene that showed was not what they expected. What appeared on screen was........ A podium?

Wait......... Why did that place look like a church?

Also, who was that person that was being tied to the cross on the altar?

"What the hell is that clown up to now?" Dick frowned heavily. Since the moment Barbara went after The Joker alone, he had this ominous premonition.

This feeling only grew more prevalent with each passing minute.

"Computer, Call Wally". Dick ordered anxiously.

..........

"Move, Move".

"Find him". Multiple clown thugs with weapons in their arms moved around the church all on alert.

The church lights were on, giving them better view of their surroundings. At least, the wouldn't have to worry about getting attacked due to poor vision.

"...... Hehehe... So you're finally here Batsie". The voice sounded through the speakers set all over the church.

Barbara looked at everything below her as she clung to the ceiling. Her spot was  one of the few dark corners that wasn't illuminated with light.

A frown appeared on her face as she saw the weapons each thug carried.

This...... Was going to be difficult. All because, those weren't regular guns. It was just like the one used by that thug earlier.

Although she knew that it couldn't be a coincidence, the sight before her eyes still shocked.

Ten....... Fifteen...... Twenty two.....

Twenty two thugs, all armed with laser rifles. She remembered that Batman had dealt with similar weapons when Roman Sionis had armed his goons with Intergang tech. That day, Bruce didn't make it back unscathed.

And that was considering his highly durable batsuit and his high combat prowess.

Now, she found herself in a somewhat, similar situation.

"Glad you could finally join the party. But why are you hiding?" He inquired with sadistic delight?

"Come out, come out, wherever you are. We're just about to play a game. A very popular one which I'm sure you'll agree with. You know what it's called?".

Barbara partially if ignored the words, seemingly scanning her surroundings. Then and there, she noticed it.

Cameras........ All set up in different directions. Three, four...... Four.