Chapter ThirtyThree

I screamed repeatedly at Jake as he stood in the corner of the room practically ripping his hair out. It had been six days. Six days that made me hate my self. Six days that seemed to span over six years.

And there was still another day to go.

Jake seemed to almost be in as much pain as I was. He wanted to touch me to save me the pain, but when he did he fought with his wolf instinct to take me.

The guards we had turned out to be quite useful. In the times when I wasn't writhing around, I found that their names were Brad and Denny. Apparently they actually did this for a living. Like who would have thought! All they did was watch horny couples as they held them apart from killing each other. It seemed very simple yet so very important. Without them I probably would have died ten times over.

I hadn't understood why mates in the past had died from the marking process. At least that was before I was going through it myself. Jake told me that some people actually didn't die if they mate early, but it was only a few, and there was no specific rhyme or reason why. Therefore he insisted we didn't take the chance, against my wishes.

I was currently going through yet another episode, without Jake's help might I add, and I was trying to tell myself that my legs weren't really being pulled off my body. It sure as hell felt like it.

When I finally got out of it, I lay on the bed, completely still and breathe in and out. I wanted this over and I wanted it over right now.

I hadn't showered since the marking either, and I felt like crap. My hair was greasy and I was afraid to lift my arms, afraid of how I might smell. I figured I had a enough time to quickly shower.

I slide off the bed, a little dizzy and stumble towards the bathroom. Brad nor Denny says anything, since I do this pretty often to go pee. However, when I flush the toilet and don't come out, I hear a knock on the door.

"Is everything okay Jen?" I'm surprised that it's Jake that asked and not Brad or Denny.

"Yeah I'm just gonna take a shower." I yell with my scratchy voice through the door. He starts protesting but I ignore him and turn on the shower anyways. He can go screw himself for all I care.

I take my time, yet don't forget I'm practically a time bomb. I wash my hair and shave though, because I can't stand getting out without it.

Once I dry off I realize I don't want to put on my sweaty, worn clothes. I approach the door and call for Jake.

"Can you grab me a new change of clothes?" I ask loud enough for the neighboring room to hear. I almost want to laugh afterwards when I realize it's totally unnecessary.

Jake messes with the handle so I creak the door open and grab the clothes before he tries to enter. Then I shut it again and lock it. I put on the boy shorts and sleep shorts he grabbed me as well as a old grey t-shirt from a 5k that I once ran.

I turn to open the door before I'm hit with another pain that feels like a punch in the gut. I fall against the door and the thump gets Jake's attention.

"Jen? Jen are you okay in there?!" He frantically yells, pounding on the door. I groan in response.

"Just wait I'll bust down the door." He assures and I realize I'm on leaning on it.

"No don't do that!" I yell back. He doesn't respond and I hope to God that he listens to me for once.

He doesn't bust down the door, at least not for the minute afterwards when I'm waiting. The heat only lasts for a few minutes though, and although surprised, I'm guessing it's because I only have a day left to go.

When I open the door, Jake looks surprised. Maybe it is weird that I only spasmed for a few minutes.

"It's not unheard of." Brad says to Jake, and I realize he must have mind linked him.

I didn't think much of it though. I was just glad it was all almost over.

I went to the bed and laid down, closing my eyes. Then I passed out, knowing I only had one more day to go.

• • • • •

I woke up to a warm feeling on my eyes. At first I worried I was going into heat again, but then I realized it was just light. I slowly peeled my eyes back and looked around the bedroom.

I immediately took notice of Jake. Instead of standing in the corner, he was sitting right next to me, on the side of the bed. Brad and Denny were gone.

"Hey baby." He whispers as he picks a piece of my hair away from my face. I smile at him and realize I've felt better than I have all week.

"What time is it?" I ask groggily from my sleep.

"It's nine baby." He tells me and I sit up a little straighter.

"I slept through the night?" I question surprised. That means I didn't go through heat at all over night.

"No, Jen you slept through the whole day. It's Sunday night."

I freeze at his words, shocked. That couldn't be true.

"But how-" I start, confused.

"It must be because your human. I don't know, but it's done." He says softly. I move towards the edge of the bed and sit next to him.

"I don't hate you." I tell him, because it's one of the first things he says.

I know

A voice sounds in my head. I looked at him in wonder and he smiles a small smile at me.

"Pretty cool huh?" He asks. I nod my head. Then I lean forward and kiss him. Wanting to tell him how much I missed kissing him. It's different than last time though. This time there's a need. A need that's so strong, I forget about talking.

He helps me slide farther up on the bed as we continue to kiss hot and heavy. I can't believe I didn't realize this right away. The last step of mating was after the marking process.

And I was ready to complete it.

••••••••

So I know this chapter is..... Weird, but I wanted to explain a little farther in the marking process since its so different. Plus they're mated now!

So yeah I decided I'm not gonna continue on from this chapter, if you know what I mean. I don't feel comfortable writing that kind of stuff.

Next update may take a while, but keep updated with my profile!

Vote!!!!!!!!

Comment!!