Chapter ThirtyFour

I woke up with an arm around my waist and against a hard chest. Immediately remembering where I was, I smiled. I was in my mate's arms, in my mate's bed, because we had finally mated.

I felt a sudden urge of exhaustion seep through me and I yawned. I heard Jake chuckle from behind me.

"Good morning." He mumbles against my skin. I shiver as his lips skim over the back of my neck.

"Mornin', mate." I respond, knowing he especially will enjoy it. He squeezes my waist tighter and sighs, causing a slight part of my hair to fan out.

"Last night..." He begins, and I feel an amazing feeling surge through me again.

"I know." I giggle turning around and kissing his lips. Enough was said after that and we kissed and made out for a while before it was time to get out of bed. Even after last night, I felt uncomfortable just standing up naked in front of him. Jake obviously didn't, due to how he got up without hesitation and stretched. I stared and bit my lip before he noticed me staring.

He didn't say anything, just walked over to my side of the bed and pulled me up. I took the sheet with me, wrapping it around me and walking towards the closet.

"That sheet is see through, you know." Jake tells me as I turn to shut the door. I immediately blush and glare at him before locking the door and going to change.

I dress in a pair of skinny jeans and a coral and navy blue striped blouse. After wearing pajamas, practically, for a week, I wanted to wear something that didn't make me look like crap.

I also went to the bathroom and did my hair, straightening out all of the bumps and even applying a little make up.

Jake wasn't in the room when I was done so I went downstairs looking for him. I was surprised when I saw he wasn't in the kitchen.

I'm in Tyler's officeI hear him in my head.

I laugh and walk towards the hallway that I roughly remember him telling me where the office was.

I knocked and then opened the door, walking inside to the couch on the side of the room. Jake watched me go with a happy look on his face.

You're so beautiful. He "think-tells" me.

I smile at him before he turns and goes back to the papers he was shuffling through.

Why are you working in Tyler's office?

I think, trying to mind link him. When he doesn't respond and continues without disruption I figure I didn't do it right.

"How do you talk to me in my head?" I ask him after trying it again and failing. Setting his pen down he folds his hands under his chin.

"You just say it in your head while imagining talking to me."

I do that, imaging me saying the words to his face and then watch his reaction. It doesn't change though.

"I can't do it." I pout. I mean I'm pretty sure I'm doing it right.

"Maybe it's because your human." He tells me gently, and I know he's trying not to sound offensive, but it still hits me where it hurts.

I shrug and get back up, even though I had just gotten here.

"I'm gonna go make breakfast."

I walk down the hall and into the kitchen, rummaging through the fridge and pantry to find the ingredients to make pancakes. I was prepared to go all out and make them homemade, but then came across a box of Bisquick and figured that it would do.