Chapter 6

6.

Mira's POV

As I descended the cord, I could see the group waiting for me. When they saw me, they rushed towards me. "Mira, how'd it go? Did they hurt you?"

"Guys, I'm fine."

I wiped the mascara off my face. Damn it was expensive too... "Mira, did you see him? Did you see Josh?"

I looked down to my necklace. 'Wisdom'... "Yeah...I saw him."

I couldn't help but smile. Pyra smiled as well. "What's next?"

Josh told about his past, and how he could never find his parents' killer. That's our next objective. Josh told me he used to be JTF2, so we'll start there. "We're going to find the man that killed Josh's parents."

^^^___------0------___^^^

Josh's POV

Jameson came to talk to Eva and I. "You two getting along?"

Eva smiled. "For the most part!"

I sighed. "Well, she hasn't pissed me off, so yeah."

Jameson nodded. "Well, since you two are fighting for my throne, you two are going to do the opening ceremony of the Tournament!"

We replied in unison. "What?"

Jameson ushered us to follow him. We did so. "Josh, Eva, you two are my best fighters. So, my idea was something like a coliseum. Imagine – you two VERSUS A ROBOTIC DRAGON!!"

I'll give it to Jameson. He knows how to throw a party. "And the civilians?"

I know you would think I would ask that, but it was Eva that asked that. "Don't worry, I'll put up a Pathos Shield with the Oathsworn."

He pulls out the sword proving to Eva he'll do it. The unholy sword. Its dark aura is enough to scare fear itself. It's the sword that's killed so many people, and he just pulls it out like a children's toy. "Josh, I have a question."

Jameson turned to me and pointed the Oathsworn at me. I quickly pulled out my incomplete Kingsglaive. Our swords crossed. He withdrew his sword. "Alright."

"Alright what?"

"I was seeing your progress on the Kingsglaive."

He started to walk away. He turned before entering the door to his chamber. "I was also seeing if you could handle Fluffy."

"That's what you named the dragon?"

Eva dropped to the floor laughing. I just stood there dazed. "Yes. She's quite the opposite of its name though."

He closed the door and I helped Eva up. "Hey Josh?"

"What's up?"

"It's almost dinner, but we got 30 minuets. Wanna practice?"

Jameson has everything on a schedule for our squad. We practice at the same time, sleep at the same time, and even shower at the same time, in the same room. We have walls between us with head-height sliding windows for passing things and talking. Its so uncomfortable, but Jameson says its 'bonding'. "Sure. And Eva?"

"Yeah?"

"I was wondering, regarding your mood change..."

"Ah. After the parlor incident, I faked my emotions towards you. But after a while, I found that you had a softer side. I just...get protective of myself. I've been made a fool of many times. I don't hand out my trust to everyone."