Chapter 12

12.

Jameson and I were neck and neck. The music was blaring Welcome to the Black Parade- My Chemical Romance, which everybody was rocking out to. Both of us were covered in each other's blood and our own. We kept fighting through the pain. Both of us were one strike away from death, with the only thing keeping us alive was our desire to win. But I was caught in a lie. As soon as I parried an attack from Jameson, he cheated. He pulled a knife from his coat and stabbed me right in my heart. I coughed blood. I was screaming on the inside from the pain. It was unbearable. I could hear Mira's gasp past the ringing in my ears. "YOU BASTARD!"

Screaming from the crowd arose. They thought that this fight was to submission. No, this was to the death, and I lost. As he withdrew the bloodied dagger from my chest, I fell to the ground. I passed out.

^^^___------0------___^^^

I woke up in a weird place. It was white, and there was nothing for as far as the eye could see. "Joshua."

I heard a voice behind me. It was Coryphaeus. "Coryphaeus?"

"Please, call me dad."

He floated down. I rubbed my head. "Am I dead?"

"No, but you're well on the way. Right now, you're bleeding out on the ground while that girl you're so fond of is standing over your seemingly dead corpse."

Mira... "I need to see her. I need to live."

"And you will. I just need to talk to you."

I sat cross-legged on the 'floor'. "Josh, you probably have a ton of questions."

"Actually, I have only a couple."

"Alright. Ask away."

"What was mom like?"

He paused. "She was...beautiful. I bet you would have liked her."

I sighed. "I'll see her eventually. Dad, where are we?"

"We're in the Kingsglaive. When Jameson and I created Pathos, we didn't tell the press one thing. It's actually biological."

My mind exploded. "Biological? Are you saying Pathos-"

"Yes, it's alive. When someone grabs one of the swords, Pathos will connect to your neural system and give you the ability to materialize the sword."

"So, if Pathos is alive...does that mean it has a personality?"

"Actually, yes. Would you like to meet her?"

"Her?"

My dad faded away, and behind him was a girl. A girl with a similar look to Mira. She was in full purple. Purple dress and purple hair. Her dress and long hair flew in the wind. She turned towards me and smiled. "There you are!"

She walked towards me with prowess. I looked her over. Flat-chested, as flat as you can get. Her skirt part of her dress went a third down her thigh. Her eyes were sliver...what a weird colour for eyes, but they still glimmered in the white light of the plane we were in. When she got close to me, she looked at me up and down. "You're cute..."

I blushed. She giggled. "I know you're with Mira. Chill, dude!"

I let out a sigh of relief. She smiled at me again. "So, you finally met your father?"

"Yeah. What's your name?"

"Yuki."

"Spelt?"

"Y-u-k-i. Said You-key."