Chapter 8

8.

Josh's POV, Three weeks later.

The Italian Grandfather, Benvolio Paradina, was in his estate tonight. Cortez, Eva and I were going to infiltrate the base and take out the Grandfather. We heard that another squad might be trying to assassinate the Grandfather at the same time, so we were on high alert. I looked at my Fitbit. '12:30 p.m.'. We were being deployed in 5 minuets. Eva tapped my shoulder. "You know what you're doing?"

"I'll be up front killing everybody. You will be on the other side of the villa, and Cortez drop in the center and work our way to the master bedroom, where the Grandfather is supposed to be."

She nodded. I was signaled to jump. I jumped out of the helicopter and pulled my parachute. I landed in the garden on the east side of the villa, but the guards were already dead. I turned on my comm. "Eva, Cortez, the guards on east end are dead."

Eva broke comm silence. "West is dead, too."

Cortez spoke after. "Center is dead, as well."

I rushed in to the master bedroom. Sure enough, Benvolio was there. But a squad was already holding him at sword point. But I recognized the blade... "Josh?"

It was Mira! "Mira!? What the hell are you doing here!?"

Eva and Cortez walked into the room. I also saw Jason and Pyra in the room. They must've been helping Mira. Mira came up and hugged me. "It's nice to see you!"

"That doesn't answer my question."

"Right..."

She looked really scared. She put both of her hands on my shoulders. "Josh...after you told me that your parents died and you were unclear on the details, I tried to be nice and solve it."

She tried to solve my parent's murder? I couldn't even remember their names. They died 14 years ago. "And I found some really disturbing evidence."

"Mira, what did you find?"

She took a heavy breath. "I found out their names. Your mother's name was Jocelyn. And your dad..."

"What about him?"

All I could remember was his voice. 'Run!'.

"His name was Coryphaeus Kesikidas."

No. That's not possible. My dad died. Coryphaeus died by the hand of Jameson. "But Mira, there were three shots."

"The third was the shooter committing suicide. That's why you never found his body in the BETAS raid."

"Coryphaeus can't be my dad. I never..."

Then it all clicked. Audrey was 3 years younger. Coryphaeus voice...now that I think about it...sounded like my dad's 'final' words. I remembered something at this point. A baby. Crying. That was Audrey. Audrey's my sister. I HAVE A SISTER. "I..."

I collapsed. This is too much. This is too much. I can't...wait.

"If Coryphaeus was my dad..."

Eva and Cortez looked at each other. "Then Jameson..."

I slowly stood, and drew the Kingsglaive. "Jameson. Killed. My. Father."

Pyra tried to settle the air. "Long time no see, Josh..."

"Pyra, later. Right now, I've got a tournament to attend."

I started to walk out of the room. Eva stopped me. "Josh, you can't kill him."

"Give me ONE good reason, Eva."

"He's..."

"BEEN LYING TO ALL OF YOU!"