1- Nerves

Luke's crystal blue eyes remain focused on the asphalt before him, hands clenched around the steering wheel and knee bouncing furiously.

He gulps as he makes a right turn, excitement welling up in his chest as the huge crimson and grey building comes into view.

He parks his jeep, taking a minute to rub his sweaty palms on his black skinniest and psych himself up for what he was about to do.

Of course, he was excited beyond words, he couldn't wait, but another part of him was nervous for the responsibility he was about to take on. Or, what if he couldn't find someone? What if it was too hard? What if he wasn't strong and ended up hurting the other person the was about to involve?

He leans back in his seat, eyes rolling back as he closes his eyes, trying to force his tense muscles to relax. He attempts to answer his own questions.

If he couldn't find someone, then he'd have to make the road trip again and try some other time. Simple.

If it was too hard, well, he'd have to touch it out, and if he couldn't, and decided the best thing to do for him and the other person was to give up, he could always come back and do just that.

He desperately searches for an answer to that last one, but struggles, blue eyes clenching tight before popping open, revealing their bright color.

Maybe hurting himself and someone else was a risk he'd have to take. He wouldn't let it stop him, he tells himself, although his anxious side is tempted to start the car back up and leave at the prospect.

He clenches his jaw, quickly taking the keys out of the ignition, grabbing his papers, and opening the car door, closing it behind him and locking the valuable vehicle up before he jogs into the building.

He stops again in the entry way, once more trying to calm himself and put on a brave front.

He isnt normally like this. Nervous and jumpy, anxious and indecisive. He usually knows exactly what he wants and was prepared to do what he needs to get it. He is normally calm and confident.

But this, this is a big decision, this is putting another human being in his hands, this could negatively or positively effect him, the person about to come into his life, and possibly others around him. He doesn't want anyone to get hurt. Especially not him.

Closing his eyes one last time, clenching his fists, taking a deep breath, his entire demeanor changes from a nervous, jumpy, scared one, to a calm, confident, slightly happy look.

He's made it this far. He's driven here, he's managed to get himself in the building, he's come too far to turn back now. He will just have to fake it until he makes it.

He enters the lobby, glancing at the other men and sparse women waiting in line to check in at the desk. He takes a second to examine their demeanors, hoping to bring himself off edge.

Yes, he quietly sighs in relief, he is not alone in being nervous. He almost dislikes the men that look cocky and proud, like they're about to claim some sort of possession they've won. He cant imagine they'll treat their new responsibilities all that well, but reminds himself not to judge anyone too much. It isn't his place to do such a rude thing, his mother taught him.

"Next!" The small dirty blonde lady behind the desk calls in a polite tone, snapping Luke out of his train of thought.

He smiles kindly at her and steps forward.

"Good morning, sir. Your name?"

"Luke Hemmings."

She types something into her computer, then raises an eyebrow and smiles.