38- Attention

Delilah wakes up feeling cold and wanting cuddles so she gets out of bed and makes her way to find Luke.

"Daddy..." she says as she sleepily walks into lukes office. She'd woken up later than usual and thus been alone in lukes bed.

"Morning baby." Luke hums, not looking up from his computer. Delilah pouts and tugs in the blondes arm.

"Kissies!" She whines. Luke chuckles and leans over to peck her lips but then returns to working.

"More daddy." She pouts and Luke smiles, shaking his head.

"I'm sorry sweetie, I have to work." Delilah whimpers and tugs on him again persistently. "Go play, babygirl. Daddy's busy, I'm sorry honey." He ignores the girls whining and she stomps and whines but decides she doesn't want to get in trouble so reluctantly she leaves, returning a few minutes later and sitting near her caregiver with coloring books.

"Daddy, markers?" She asks and he looks at her and smiles, nodding and standing to grab her the markers and then returning to his work, after reminding her "paper only." And asking if she wants plain paper, to which she said 'yes please.'

Delilah solemnly colors for a while before she gets bored and leaves, not without Luke interrupting and making her clean up first, which makes her whine and pout but she does as told.

She goes to her own room and plays for a while before having an idea and hiding momo, shoving it under clothes in her closet and putting water from the bathroom sink in and under her eyes, running to daddy's room and whimpering.

"Daddy, no momo!" She cries, clinging to the blonde, and Luke sighs and turns.

"What baby?" He asks.

"No momo, momo gone!" She flops dramatically on the floor. Luke chuckles to himself but acts sympathetic, cooing at the girl and scooping her up.

"She's probably just playing hide and seek sweetheart, why don't you go find her?" He offers but delilah whines and shakes her head.

"Help!" Luke sighs and stands, listing the "distraught" girl onto his hip and taking her to her room, putting her down and helping her search for the toy until five minutes later he finds it in her messy closet.

"Here sweetheart, I told you she was just hiding, now play with momo while daddy works." Luke leaves and delilah pouts. That didn't go as planned. Luke was supposed to not be able to find it and he was supposed to sit and cuddle her until she was happy again. She debates hiding another toy but thinks Luke would catch on if she did so.

Delilah sits and plots ways to gets Lukes attention but all of them lead to her getting in trouble or not getting what she wants and nothing is seeming to work.

Finally as she's going downstairs to get a snack (planning to get one Luke wouldn't particularly approve of) she has an idea and stomps down the stairs, trying to sound like she's falling, and shrieks and then sits at the bottom of the stairs in a position that looks like she's just fallen and cries out "daddy!" And pretends to sob, hoping her plan will work.

Luke had come to check out what was going on before she cried for him at the sounds but when she cries out he's running to her sobbing little self and checking her over for injuries.

Delilah reaches her arms up to be held and whines pitifully, still pretending to cry. Luke scoops the girl up and bounces her on his hip.

"What happened baby? What's wrong? Are you okay? Shhh, daddy's here." He coos as he carries her to his room and sits on the bed with her.

"Fell." She cries pathetically and Luke coos, rubbing her back and kissing her cheek.

"Are you hurt princess?" Luke asks and delilah whimpers but shakes her head, cuddling up to him and happy she's got attention now, smiling to herself but making sure to sniffle occasionally to keep the act up.

"Okay baby, daddy still has to work-" Luke starts but the girl cuts him off dramatically.

"No!" Delilah shrieks and Luke hushes her, grabbing a pacifier and putting it in her lips so she can't cut him off or cry again.

"Daddy has to work but you can nap on the couch in my office or you can sit in daddy's lap if you'll be quiet and just snuggle me until I'm all done, it won't be very long." Luke explains gently and delilah whines but clings onto Luke.

"Dada." She says through her dummy. Luke smiles and nods, carrying her to his office and sitting in his chair with her in his lap.

She behaves surprisingly well for the thirty minutes it takes Luke to finish up, just sits quietly and cuddles up to Luke, closing her eyes and enjoying the attention and his warmth, and she's very excited when he's done and offers to have lunch and play.

"How do pizza pockets sound sweet cheeks?" Luke asks the girl on his hip.

"Good please, daddy." She answers and he smiles at her manners despite the fact she got a little mixed up.

He puts some on a tray and pops them in the oven. Throughout lunch she insists on sitting on his lap and being handfed and Luke doesn't particularly mind, giving up on trying to help her do grown up things and use grown up words for the day.