32- Daddy hurt

Hello here's some drama that I'm probably gonna regret having to write around later but that I wanted to give u now since I want to update but don't know what else to write.

"Delilah, baby, hand daddy that little brush please." Delilah glances up at the blonde man from her spot in the middle of the empty living room where she's been painting on some cardboard with the light gray paint Luke's using to repaint the living room. She looks to where he's pointing and crawls forward to grab the brush and stand, handing it up to the man on the ladder.

Luke smiles at the little girl, chuckling at the paint smeared across her cheek and on her big white t shirt and black leggings. "Thank you, love bunny."

"Es dada." She hums as she plops back down to paint some more as Luke paints carefully around the trimming of the ceiling. The two continue silently for some minutes before Delilah sighs loudly. "Hungry, daddy." She laments, looking up at the man who's reaching precariously over instead of just moving the ladder to paint the next section.

"Go get a snack then baby." Delilah nods and goes to the kitchen, opening the snack drawer and rifling through to find something she wants.

She shrieks as she hears a loud bang and crashing sounds and her daddy cussing loudly, and she runs back into the room to see the ladder knocked over and Luke on the ground with paint splattered all over the tarp on the ground and Luke and the unpainted wall.

"Fuck! Fuck, shiiiiiit." Like hisses. The ladders on top of his leg and he's obviously fallen against the wall.

"Daddy?" Luke looks up at the blurry looking, scared, teary eyed little girl standing a few feet away.

"D-del-" he mutters.

Delilah watches as his eyes shut on her widen. "No. No no no, daddy!" Tears stream down her face as she realizes he's passed out and she doesn't know what to do. "No no no no." She repeats, running about the house and looking for something- she's not sure what- after she stops staring at her daddy.

She spots his phone and grabs it, pushing on the home button until it makes a noise. "Call nana!"

"I do not see "nana" in your contacts." Delilah groans and takes the phone back to the living room.

"D-daddy, up, up!" When she gets no response, she presses the button again.

"Call docker!"

"I do not see "docker" in your contacts."

The little girl whines. "Call Cali!"

"I do not-" Delilah cuts the device off.

"Call Ashy!"

"I do not see-" Delilah shrieks and throws the phone down, pulling her hair and sobbing as she wonders what to do.

"Safe." She sobs.

She stands and runs to the door, knowing she's not allowed outside on her own but figuring it's okay this once, she runs to the neighbor ladies house- the one who Delilah ran to when she was upset with daddy and who tried to take her away- that's two houses away and knocks violently.

The woman opens the door with a confused frown and looks at Delilah, who's sobbing, and grabs her hand, trying to pull her. "D-Delilah? Are you okay? What's wrong?"

"Daddy! Daddy hurt!"

"Your daddy's hurt? Where is he?" Delilah shakes her head and pulls the woman again, and she lets herself be led to likes house where she's met with the sight of Luke unconscious and looking injured.

"Oh no." She pulls out her phone and calls the emergency number as Delilah tries to go wake up Luke.

"No delilah, don't touch, it's okay honey. Yes, I need an ambulance, my neighbor has fallen off a ladder and is unconscious. The address is ........ no, not that I can tell. I don't know. Okay... okay thank you."

Delilah yanks to get out of the woman's grip as she keeps her away from her daddy and sobs, confused and scared and upset.

Soon loud noises and bright lights pull up and men put Luke on a stretcher and take him into a can and Delilah's beyond upset, hyperventilating, and a woman is trying to talk to her but she just wants daddy. She tells them as much, and finally they bring her into the big red van with daddy and the woman lets her hold his hand and tries to comfort her as they take them somewhere.

She's reluctant to leave Luke's side- to say the least- and the woman has to carry her to a room and stay with her trying to calm her while they take daddy somewhere else, but it seems like an unending fight to comfort and contain the little one. She's confused and she doesn't hear a word being said to her. She doesn't trust any of the people around and she's not used to not knowing anyone and feeling so unsafe.

She's becoming dizzy from the way she's breathing when finally she sees someone she knows, uncle Ashton comes running in and looks around.

"Ashy!" She screams, and his eyes dart to her and he quickly comes over. The woman who's been standing with her steps aside and lets Ashton pick her up and try to calm her. Delilah's a lot more cooperative to Ashton's efforts, clings to him and asks for daddy, tries to listen to what he's saying.

Calum and Michael soon show up too, and eventually nana. Delilah feels like it's been hours and nothing's happening, she's being passed from person to person trying to calm her down, her entire body feels achey and her heart hurts, and eventually all the crying exhausts her and she's unwillingly falling asleep.

When she wakes up, she's in a completely new place, and she whines and looks around before realizing it's Ashton's house. She gets up and runs out, looking in the kitchen and then the living room and finding Ashton and Calum there talking.

"Good morning, doll." Calum greets, Ashton scooping her up.

"Daddy!" Delilah demands.

"Daddy's okay, we'll go see him after you eat, okay?" Ashton assures.

"No! Now! Daddy!" She begins crying again and Ashton sighs.

"Okay baby, okay, calm down Delilah. We'll go see him, calm down. Put on your shoes. We can get food on the way." Delilah scrambles to pull her shoes on and rushes out to the car, demanding Ashton to hurry. When he pulls into the drive thru she protests, wanting to see daddy quicker, even though she's starving. She simply responds with "no! Daddy!" When asked what she wants, and refuses to eat when Ashton hands the kids meal back to her.

The drive to the hospital isnt long, but due to all her crying and worrying, Delilah falls asleep despite her best efforts not to again.

She wakes up again and they're in a new room, and she's laying against a warm hard body who's taking quietly. She almost immediately recognizes the voice as her daddy's and she gasps and sits up, smiling when she sees it is him.

"Daddy!" Lukes cut off. he smiles. There's a bandage around his head as well as a cast on his arm and a boot on his leg that Delilah has yet to notice.

"Hi baby."

She carefully hugs him and he chuckles at her careful enthusiasm, reaching his uninjured arm up to rub her back.

"Safe."

"Daddy's safe, little one, you made sure of it, huh? Such a good girl."

"Love daddy. Se agapó."

"I love you, baby. Se agapó." Luke mutters back.