18. Skinny Dip Intervention

Author's Note: Happy Labor Day! But you know what they say...no rest for the wicked! So here I am, updating for all you readers!

Song for this Chapter: Nights With You by MO

Dru lay in the darkened room, staring at the large paddles of the ceiling fan spinning lazily. She didn't know what time it was, but from the way the warm light glowed behind the window shade, she'd guess afternoon. She swallowed, and her throat ached. She lifted her head as slightly as she could to scan the room. There were five empty wine bottles sitting on the dresser, and another two on the bedside table, but no water in sight.

To her right, an open door led to the bathroom.

She refused to look at the slumbering form to her left.

Instead, she eased off the bed. She made it to the bathroom, when she kicked another empty wine bottle—jesus that made eight!—and it tumbled across the tile floor, the heavy ping of glass echoing in the large room.

"Dru, you okay, honey?" a soft voice mumbled from beneath the covers.

"Yeah," Dru said hoarsely.

A brilliant mess of copper burrowed from beneath the covers, and for once the blue eyes didn't look icy, but warm, like a robin blue sky. Carrie smiled at her.

"Don't worry, if I know Hearne—and I do— he's already making a big batch of Bloody Mary's."

"Oh, thank God," came another moan from the other side of the bed. Lana sat up, lacking any self-consciousness for her nakedness. "I feel like shit."

Carrie laughed. "Don't worry, I will teach you to make THE best hangover potion." She kissed Lana's shoulder swiftly and leapt from the bed, a flash of her naked porcelain body streaking past Dru and claiming the bathroom.

"You snooze, you lose, honey," Carrie winked as she slammed the door in Dru's face.

Dru looked down at her own body, which was clothed in one of Hearne's shirts. But that didn't concern her as much as the fact that she couldn't remember last night. After all, she'd been wearing Hearne's shirts—and little else—for an entire week now.

Lana was grinning at Dru. "You think he'll let me borrow one?"

"I'm sure, you're in the club now, aren't you?" Dru said dryly, as she went into Hearne's closet and tossed Lana a shirt.

Carrie floated out of the bathroom, now wearing a bra and panties, and handed Dru a glass of water. Dru downed it, walked to the bathroom, refilled, drank it down again, and stared at her reflection. She couldn't remember last night, but at least she hadn't died her hair pink. She laughed at her insanity.

Really Dru? You're not worried about the orgy you probably had last night? Just your hair?

She slammed the glass down and went back in the bedroom.

Carrie and Lana were laying on the bed, laughing at something on Lana's phone.

"Hey, did we uhmm...did we all sleep together last night?"

Carrie blinked. "Define sleep."

Lana pinched Carrie's side. "Don't be a bitch."

Carrie laughed. "Well, the three of us slept in the same bed. So the technical truth is yes."

"I'm seriously asking, we didn't...did we?" Dru did an internal check. Surely she could feel it? If she'd been with a girl—one of these girls? Both of these girls?

Lana rolled her eyes at Dru. "Dru, come on. Really? We are roommates. If we were going to mess around, it would have happened already."

Dru dropped down into the chair, relieved. "Yeah, you're right. But please tell me we didn't all sleep with..."