48. Heavenly Sin

Author's Note: Don't know what is about Cerridwen that enables Sean to let his Sexwitch Flag fly, but I'm just glad this turned out to be a Freaky Friday chapter!

Song for this Chapter: Sadeness by Enigma. Nothing sexier.

"Hold still, Sean," Carrie admonished as she pushed two fingers deeper beneath his tongue. She curled them into the soft flesh around his jaw, and splayed her other hand on his face. Between her two hands, she raised energy to heal the fractured mandible.

Sean snorted in discomfort, and gripped the edge of the wooden farm table in front of him.

"I'm sorry, I know it's uncomfortable. It takes time to knit bone," Carrie cooed. She continued to talk and soothe him, as he tried not to gag from her hands stuck nearly down his throat, and from the pain of the healing. As soon as she released him, with a triumphant, "All done!" he rose, walked deliberately through the the cottage, down the steps of the small back deck, and vomited in the darkness.

When he clomped heavily back into the living room, Carrie was already waiting with a cool towel and a glass of his favorite juice, cranberry-pomegranate.

He wiped his mouth and shook his head at her as they folded into the suede couch together. "For a goddess, you spend an awful lot of time taking care of me." He sipped the juice. "Don't you have more important things to do?"

She threw a leg into his lap, and stroked the stubble on his newly healed jaw. "Hmmmm, not at the moment. And anyway, I'd say it's a fair exchange for your admirable service," she teased.

It was true. It had been more than five hundred years since she'd been sexed anywhere near approaching Sean's prowess. Not since Leonardo da Vinci was a strapping lad. Funny that people thought Leo was gay. She felt a bit guilty for that. She ruined him for mortal women. He never married, always longing for her, and denouncing mortal sex. She could never bring herself to stay with him, though they had an infrequent affair for forty years. She still felt bad, about Leo.

But Sean blew Leo out of the water. In bed. In everyday. She wondered if Sean was more talented than da Vinci. Genius was different in these modern times...more concentrated. Sean was certainly a musical genius, though he didn't understand that about himself yet. He was so young. She was so excited for him, for the parts of himself that he had yet to explore.

He offered her the juice. She drank and set it on the table that was ladened with candles. With a wave of his hand, Sean lit them all, as well as the ones that were arranged around the room in groups on little tables and wall shelves. The air breathed with their flicker.

"Mmmm, good idea," Carrie murmured, her body tensing, and then relaxing in the presence of his casual magic. She was unused to the intimate company of other witches.

In the candlelight, she looked around her new home. Open, pine cabinetry in the kitchen was laden with wooden bowls and heavy white crockery. There was a stone fireplace in the kitchen, complete with an iron cauldron—that was Hearne's private joke, but it was lovely, and she actually had already used it twice, to make brews, not to cook stews. The eclectically furnished living room was lined with old-fashioned clapboard paneling painted a cozy cream. The room was not just awash in candles, but iron fixtures, houseplants and hemp baskets. Cernunnos had made this place perfectly. She supposed she shouldn't be surprised that he could know her modern taste so well, even though they had not lived together in two thousand years. He just knew her, inside and out.

But it wasn't only Cernunnos' efforts that made Carrie love this place. It was Sean being here. Him being so at ease here, and the two of them, in just a few day's time, feeling so intimately settled here.